Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Early Access PS4 Beta – Day 2 Recap
Day 2 of the Early Access PlayStation 4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta is wrapping up, and Infinity Ward has shared on Reddit a recap of the day, including what they’re looking into after Day 2 and more.
The studio is looking at the feedback from the fans on the spawn issues, working to fix a lot of the bugs including the Parties having to be disbanded, Cruise Missile issues, and a look at what’s coming during Day 3 of the Modern Warfare Beta on PS4, when the beta becomes an Open Beta for all on PS4.
The level cap will be increased to Level 20 on Sept. 14, alongside new Night variations added of current maps.
FROM INFINITY WARD:
We’re rolling into the weekend with day two of the Beta and we’re excited to tell you more about what’ll you’ll see over the weekend, but first, thank you! Thank you all again so much for your feedback, suggestions, streams, videos, and Tweets today. We’re thankful to have a community who is just as passionate as we are about Modern Warfare and we can’t do any of this without you. With that, let’s take a look at the day two recap…
Feedback Infinity Ward is investigating:
- Cruise Missile: The camera will remain static on the initial deployment scene and not properly display the map and enemy targets below. Once having control of the missile, it can become hard to control. This is currently being looked into.
- Spawning and Visuals: Spawning is currently inconsistent on some maps, so thank you for sharing your videos with us and sharing your feedback. We’ll continue to monitor the spawn system and we’ll update you if we deploy any changes. We will also be looking into lighting and exposure on various areas of the map, such as how you view dark rooms from the outside of a building and vice versa, for example.
- Clipping through vehicles and Deployable Cover: Character models are currently clipping through vehicles used during the infil sequence and in some cases, when using the Deployable Cover Field Upgrade. These are currently being investigated.
- Semtex Grenade: When stuck to a door, the Semtex grenade will not explode and the grenade icon will remain on screen. This will be fixed for weekend two of the Beta.
- Smoke effect on weapons: The smoke effect after firing a weapon is currently not displaying in-game. This will be fixed by launch.
UPCOMING DAY 3 BETA CONTENT:
As we mentioned yesterday, we are still experimenting with the minimap, so tomorrow, the minimap will be turned on but will not display enemy fire.
The game mode filter will be unlocked, allowing you to pick which mode (or modes) you’d like to play.
We will also increase the level cap to level 20.
- TDM: Azhir Cave (Day), Hackney Yard (Day), Gun Runner
- DOM: Azhir Cave (Day), Hackney Yard (Day), Gun Runner
- HQ: Azhir Cave (Day), Hackney Yard (Day), Gun Runner
- HQ: 10v10 Grazna Raid
- DOM: 10v10 Grazna Raid
- Featured Playlist: Cyber Attack – Azhir Cave (Day), Hackney Yard (Day), Gun Runner, Grazna Raid
- Featured Playlist: NVG – Azhir Cave (Night), Hackney Yard (Night) – TDM, DOM, HQ