How to make Stone Bricks in Minecraft
Stone Bricks are as blastproof as cobblestone or traditional brick and are used to create strongholds due to their durability and resistance. Here’s a guide on how to make Stone Bricks in Minecraft.
Minecraft features over 150 different types of blocks, which can sometimes leave players wondering how to make some of the special blocks featured in-game. While some blocks are easy to gather as soon as you jump into the game, others need to be crafted on a crafting table using unique recipes.
For creating basic structures you can use either cobblestone or sandstone if you are new to the game. However, to create more complicated, durable, and aesthetically pleasing structures, you might have to craft special blocks using a crafting table.
One such block is the Stone Brick block which is mostly used in creating stronger structures like houses, tall buildings, or even a castle. Here’s how you can make them.
- How to make Stone Blocks in Minecraft
- How to make Stone Bricks in Minecraft
- Uses of Stone Bricks in Minecraft
How to make Stone blocks in Minecraft
To make Stone Bricks in Minecraft, you should first know how to make a Stone block. Gather cobblestone using your pickaxe and you can easily craft stone using these steps:
- Open up the Crafting menu
- Make a furnace by arranging eight cobblestone blocks in the grid, leaving the centermost square empty.
- Now that you have a furnace, place it down and put the cobblestone in the top-most slot.
- Place a suitable fuel source at the bottom slot like Coal, Lava, etc.
- You will now be able to see that your cobblestones have smelted into regular stone blocks.
How to make Stone Bricks in Minecraft
Crafting Stone Bricks can take a while, based on the method you choose to make them. Currently, there are two methods you can use to craft Stone Bricks.
- Read More: What is Copper used for in Minecraft?
The first one is pretty simple. Place four Stone blocks into the Crafting table in a 2×2 format, and you’ll receive four Stone Bricks in return.
The other method is a bit complicated but it can help you craft the exact number of Stone Bricks you require, without having to worry about being in multiples of four. Here’s how you can do it:
- To make a single Stone Brick, you will need to use a Stonecutter.
- A Stonecutter can be crafted using three regular stone blocks arranged in a single line and by placing n iron ingot above the middle block.
- Open the Stonecutter’s UI
- Place a regular stone block in the left-most square.
- You will now see a few block options open up on the left.
- Select the third icon which is a Stone Brick and click it.
- Then click the Stone Brick icon highlighted in green to make Stone Bricks one by one in your inventory.
These are some methods that you can use according to your choice to craft Stone Bricks and use them in your structures in Minecraft.
Uses of Stone Bricks in Minecraft
Stone Bricks can be used like basic Stone Blocks to create structures in Minecraft. For instance, if you need stairs made of Stone Bricks, all you need to do is arrange Stone Bricks in the crafting menu in ascending order (One in the first line, two in the second line, and three in the third line).
- Read More: How to make smooth stone in Minecraft
Once you have them placed like this, a Stone Brick Stairs icon will appear on the right and you can click it to add it to your inventory. Moreover, if you stack two Stone Bricks one on top of the other, it will create a patterned Chiseled Stone Brick that is most commonly used in decorative builds.
You can also create Cracked Stone Bricks, Mossy Stone Bricks, Stone Bricks Slab and Stone Brick Walls using the Stone Brick block.
There are numerous ways players can use different blocks in Minecraft to create upgraded and modified blocks they want to use in their builds. However, once they get the hang of it, it can be a smooth sailing journey from there, in their Minecraft Adventures.
For more, check out our guide on How to make Concrete in Minecraft.
Image Credits: Mojang