How to make an anvil in Minecraft
An anvil in Minecraft helps with renaming and repairing tools and combining enchantments. If you want to enjoy these features as well, here’s a detailed guide on how to make an anvil in Minecraft.
Collecting resources is one of the primary objectives of Minecraft. After collecting raw ores, you need instruments like a crafting table, furnace, blast furnace, smithing table, and a beacon to actually utilize them.
One such item in Minecraft is an anvil. Once you unlock the best enchantments for your bows, tridents, swords, and armor, it is recommended to build an anvil and combine them. Moreover, it helps in repairing old items and renaming your favorite tools.
On that note, here’s a guide on how to create an anvil in Minecraft.
- Items required to make an anvil in Minecraft and how to get them
- How to craft an anvil in Minecraft
- How to use an anvil in Minecraft
Items required to make an anvil in Minecraft and how to get them
You need these items to craft an anvil in Minecraft:
- Crafting table
- 3x Blocks of Iron (equal to 27 Iron Ingots)
- 4x Iron Ingots
Making a crafting table in Minecraft is really easy. Almost every biome in the game has trees that you can chop for wooden logs. Put these logs into a 2×2 crafting grid to get planks. Finally, put four wooden logs in a 2×2 crafting grid to get a crafting table.
On the flip side, Iron in Minecraft Java or Bedrock edition can be found between Y= 80 and Y=320. Ideally, you should be searching around levels 230-255. With a stone pickaxe or a better tool, you can break iron ore.
- Read More: How to beat Minecraft
Thereafter, smelt iron ore in a furnace to get iron ingots. Lastly, put nine ingots in the 3×3 crafting grid to get one iron block.
Now that you have all the materials to make an anvil, let’s take a look at its crafting recipe.
How to craft an anvil in Minecraft
To make an anvil in Minecraft, fill the top row of a 3×3 crafting grid with iron blocks. Then, put an iron ingot in the middle slot and fill the bottom row with three iron ingots.
The same has been showcased in this image:
How to use an anvil in Minecraft
Place an anvil on the ground to open its GUI containing two sections in Minecraft. You can perform these functions with it:
- Place two enchantment books in an anvil’s sections to combine their enchantments.
- Place the same enchantment books in both sections of an anvil to upgrade the enchantment’s level.
- Place a tool you want to repair in the left section and another tool of the same material to repair it. You can also place ingots of the same material to repair a tool.
- Place a tool you want to rename in the left section of an anvil and type the desired name in the Repair & Name bar. Move the item to your inventory to confirm the renaming.
All in all, making an anvil in Minecraft is a fairly easy process and we hope this guide helps you in making one. For similar content, you can check out our crafting guides for maps, spyglasses, fireworks, cake, armor, boat, TNT, fence, and elevators.
Image Credits: Mojang