How to cure a Zombie villager in Minecraft
Minecraft players can cure Zombie Villagers and get permanent discounts while trading with them. In this guide, we’ll teach you how to cure a Zombie Villager in Minecraft by using potions and a golden apple.
There are different ways to enjoy Minecraft which is why the game is still having a massive player base after a decade of release. For players willing to make a self-sufficient base with a house, having Villagers that trade items is a big convenience.
However, some of the Villagers you meet in Minecraft act like Zombies, and curing them lets you get permanent trading discounts that are naturally very useful in the longer run. The process to cure them involves potions and we’ll teach you everything about it in this guide.
On that note, here’s how to cure a Zombie Villager in Minecraft with a Splash Potion of Weakness and a golden apple.
- Items required to cure a Zombie Villager in Minecraft and how to get them
- How to make a Splash Potion of Weakness in Minecraft
- Steps to cure a Zombie Villager in Minecraft
Items required to cure a Zombie Villager in Minecraft and how to get them
You’ll need to collect these items to cure a Zombie Villager in Minecraft:
You can craft a Brewsting Stand in Minecraft with Blaze Rods and Cobblestones. Blaze Rods are obtained from Blazes that are exclusively found in Nether Fortresses. Defeating a Blaze has a 50% chance of them dropping a Blaze Rod.
Once you have the blaze rod, place it in the middle of a 3×3 crafting table’s row and fill the row below it with three pieces of cobblestone. The result will be a brewing stand.
If you’re yet to come across a Nether Fortress, make sure to check out our guide on how to find a Nether Fortress in Minecraft.
Fermented Spider Eye
You’ll need a spider eye, brown mushroom, and sugar to make a fermented spider eye in Minecraft. Killing spiders will help you get spider eyes while brown mushrooms are found in dark places like caves and under trees. Sugar can be easily processed by putting sugar cane in a crafting table’s block.
Now, put the ingredients in a crafting table to get a fermented spider eye:
If you have any confusion, make sure to check out our detailed guide on how to make a fermented spider eye in Minecraft.
Golden Apples in Minecraft can be obtained as loot while exploring Woodland Mansions, Ruined Portals, Desert Temples, Igloos, Mineshafts, and Dungeons.
Alternatively, you can craft your own Golden Apple by placing an apple in the central slot of a 3×3 crafting table and surrounding it with eight pieces of gold ingots. This is clearly a more expensive process but searching for the Golden Apple in the Overworld can be time-consuming so choose wisely.
You need three blocks of glass to make a glass bottle in Minecraft and glass can be obtained by smelting sand in a furnace. Place two blocks of glass on the edges of the middle row of a 3×3 crafting table and place the third block in the middle block of the last row to get a glass bottle.
You can get gunpowder in Minecraft by defeating mobs like Creepers, Ghasts, and Witches. Alternatively, it can be traded from a Villager or can be obtained as loot from chests.
Based on your convenience, you can choose any of these methods to get Gunpowder.
Blaze Powder is another resource you can obtain from Blaze mobs in Minecraft. Once you get a Blaze Rod by defeating a Blaze, put it in a crafting table’s block and you’ll get two pieces of Blaze Powder.
Now that you have all the required items, the next step is to make a Splash Potion of Weakness.
How to make a Splash Potion of Weakness in Minecraft
Follow these steps to make a Splash Potion of Weakness in Minecraft:
- Interact with your brewing stand to open its unique GUI.
- Place the Blaze Powder in the top left section of the brewing stand.
- Put the fermented spider eye in the topmost section of the brewing stand.
- Fill the bottom section with water bottles.
- Wait until you get the Potion of Weakness.
- Place the gunpowder where you initially put the fermented spider eye and the bottles of Potion of Weakness where you put the water bottles.
- Wait for the brewing to finish and you’ll have three bottles of Splash Potion of Weakness.
Steps to cure a Zombie Villager in Minecraft
Here’s how to cure a Zombie Villager in Minecraft with potions and a golden apple:
- Throw the Splash Position of Weakness at the Zombie Villager you want to cure. If executed properly, the Zombie Villager should now be in a weak state.
- Feed the Zombie Villager a Golden Apple. Go near him with the apple equipped in your hand and press the ‘Use’ button.
- The Zombie Villager should start shaking and he will turn into a normal Villager soon.
Well, this was everything to know about curing a Zombie Villager in Minecraft. For similar content, you can check out our crafting guides for a composter, a book, a map, Blast Furnace, spyglass, fireworks, cake, boat, and TNT.
Image Credits: Mojang