How to turn off safe chat in Roblox
To ensure that Roblox users do not come across explicit content, abuse, or hate, the platform has a safe chat feature that filters messages. If you want to turn off safe chat in Roblox, this guide will come in handy.
Roblox boasts a community of millions of players and unsurprisingly, a majority of these players are children. From Speed City and Vehicle Tycoon to Sled Simulator and Survive the Killer, there are a lot of adventures that you can become a part of.
As a result, the developers have introduced features like safe chat to filter inappropriate content for children. This keeps the young minds safe and lets parents trust Roblox.
Having said that, a lot of adults also play Roblox, and here’s how they can turn off safe chat.
How to turn off child filtering in Roblox
Instead of safe chat, Roblox now has a child filtering level that you cannot disable permanently. However, you can switch the setting between >
If you are above the age of 13 and the chat filtering option is already adjusted to 13+ filtering, you cannot disable or change it. Every Roblox player has to accept 13+ filtering chatting on Roblox.
Follow these steps to disable >
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Visit the official Roblox website and log in with your account.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and choose Help.
- Open a random article and at the end of it, you’ll find a link that says ‘Need more help?’ Contact support here. Click on this link to access the submission form.
- Fill in the relevant details in the form. In Issue Details, first choose your platform.
- In Type of help category, select ‘Chat & Age Settings’ and then ‘Change Child Age.’
- In the type box below, explain that you’re above the age of 13 and why Roblox should remove i>
Wait for a few hours and if your application is approved, the >
It is worth noting that Roblox automatically decides the chat filtering settings for your account. The account age is displayed right beside your username on the top of the home screen.
Hence, the aforementioned directions are helpful only for adults who’ve accidentally made an account with an age less than 13 and they wish to change the chat settings now. To verify your age on Roblox, it is compulsory to submit an ID card and a selfie.
For more Roblox content, check out the first game on Roblox, how to make friends on Roblox, and how to make clothes on Roblox.
Image Credits: Roblox Corporation