How to unlock Destiny 2 Heir Apparent Exotic Catalyst in Guardian Games
It’s time to get stuck into the 2021 Guardian Games with Destiny 2 players fighting for not only class supremacy, but also a chance to earn the Heir Apparent Exotic Catalyst.
Bungie has brought back the Guardian Games for a second year to incite heated competition between Destiny’s three classes. Hunters, Titans, and Warlocks will be duking it out for several weeks to see who is the dominant class.
As well as medals that contribute towards your classes’ overall score, players will also be able to earn a Catalyst version of last year’s Heir Apparent Exotic Machine Gun. The improved stats make it a more than enticing option to use going forward, and we have all the details to unlock it.
How to obtain original Heir Apparent in Destiny 2
If you were unable to obtain the Heir Apparent last year in Destiny 2, the good news is that you will still be able to obtain it. Bear in mind that you cannot acquire the Mastercrafted Catalyst version without the original Heir Apparent gun.
- Read More: How to complete Destiny 2 Week 10 Challenges
At the time of writing, the data for the Catalyst has been data mined, and it confirms that the Heir Apparent is obtainable via a quest.
At this stage, we aren’t sure of the quest or the requirements for it, but we will update the page once we know something more official.
Unlocking the Heir Apparent Catalyst in Season of the Chosen
There seem to be several ways you can go about getting your hands on the super-duper version of the base weapon.
Here are the reported requirements:
- Earn (50) points by obtaining medals. Higher tier medals are worth more points
- Complete (3) Contender Cards (these are purchased from Eva and have objectives for different activities, Trials, Nightfalls, Strikes, Gambit and Crucible)
- Collect (90) Competitive Spirit by getting kills with Machine Guns in the Daily Focus playlist. Precision blows grant bonus progress
- 700 total kills, which sounds like a lot until you take this thing into Altars of Sorrow
It should be noted that this will probably only be obtainable during the 2021 Guardian Games.
Whether this is a weapon you will use regularly or just something to add to your collection, the limited window should increase the sense of urgency. Time is ticking until Season 14 gets underway and players are eagerly awaiting the return of the Vault of Glass.
Image credits: Bungie