How to fix Destiny 2 Error Code: BUFFALO
Players trying to enjoy Destiny 2 content, such as Season of the Lost, may find that they can’t sign into their account. This could be down to the Error Code: BUFFALO bug, and we’ve broken down the issue and how to fix it.
Sometimes, all players want to do is hop onto Destiny 2 after a long day of work, school, or whatever it may be, and jump online.
But issues are always going to be encountered now and again, and Destiny 2 is not immune to this. Bungie’s first-person shooter has a myriad of different problems that players can bump into, with one, in particular, being troublesome – Error Code: BUFFALO.
What is Error Code: BUFFALO on PlayStation, Xbox & PC?
If you’re struggling to access Destiny 2 online and it’s appearing with “Error Code: BUFFALO,” this is because the game can’t sign you in.
- Read More: How to get Destiny 2 Ager’s Scepter Catalyst
According to Bungie, this could be for one of several different reasons:
- Your chosen platform service is undergoing maintenance
- Your PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live subscription has expired
- Players in Korea’s “allotted purchased internet usage time has run out or online account plan has expired”
- Trying to access your Destiny 2 account at the same time on multiple PCs at once
Ways to fix Code Error: BUFFALO problem in Destiny 2
The solutions to the Code Error: BUFFALO problem are basic counteractions to the suggested causes above.
Here’s what you can try to attempt to solve the issue:
- Check the status of your chosen platform to ensure that there are no problems with the service itself:
- PlayStation Network Status: https://status.playstation.com/
- Xbox Live Status: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status
- Steam Support: https://help.steampowered.com/
- Go into your settings, and see if your PS Plus or Xbox Live membership has expired, in which case you’ll need to renew it
- Players in Korea can purchase more internet usage time or check their online account plan’s expiry date & time
- Check all your devices that you may have signed into to play Destiny 2, because another user may inadvertently have accessed your account on a different computer
We hope these different solutions help you to solve the Code Error: BUFFALO issue, and that you can resume enjoying Destiny 2 Season of the Lost.
Also, check out how to claim Destiny 2 Prime Gaming rewards.
Image Credit: Bungie