New Update for Black Ops 4 coming later this week, here’s the latest issues Treyarch is tracking
UPDATE – Oct 17: Here’s the latest Treyarch is tracking:
- Weapon Tuning
- We’ve seen comments and requests around general weapon tuning since launch. We take weapon tuning very seriously and put any proposed tweaks through rigorous internal testing before we consider a change to the game. With that said, we’ve captured a massive amount of input and stats since October 12th, and we’re currently making a tuning pass for a major update coming soon. Stay tuned.
- Vehicle Behavior in Blackout
- If you frequent this subreddit, you’ve probably seen clips of some unexpected vehicle behavior in Blackout. We’re investigating the issue.
- Death Stashes on Consoles
- Some players have reported freezing issues when looting a Death Stash in Blackout on consoles. We’re currently working on a fix for this in the near future.
- Progression Losses
- We’ve continued to track issues related to connection timeouts that lead to a loss in stats/recently unlocked camos. We’re planning a fix for this later this week.
You’ll notice we’ve created “Featured” playlist tiles for Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies on the home screen. These will change frequently, and will sometimes even include bonus modifiers, like 2XP, for limited times. Black Ops 4 is designed as a more event-driven game, and the Featured playlists will serve to rally the community around different ways to play each week.
We also have a “Featured” category in Multiplayer, which includes a showcase of rotating MP playlists. This is where we’ll occasionally feature mashups of modes (like our “Moshpit” playlists), traditional modes with alterations to the rules, fun time-limited modes, and new modes that have never been released before. While we’ll always continue to support the standard playlists in Core and Hardcore, the Featured playlists are there to keep things extra-interesting for all Black Ops 4 players while also maintaining a strong matchmaking pool that isn’t spread thin across too many playlists.
UPDATE: Here’s a look at the latest information that Treyarch is tracking in regards to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4:
- Zombies Easter Egg Quests
- We’re aware of some instability issues currently affecting the Easter Egg quests, and will address these in a major update coming soon. Thanks for your patience.
- Multiplayer Audio
- We’ve seen some reports of audio volumes in Multiplayer not sounding quite as expected, particularly with footsteps. We’ve passed these onto the appropriate teams for evaluation. In the meantime, please be sure to try out the different custom presets in our Audio settings under Options to find a mix that works best for you.
- PC Hellion Salvo Crash
- PC players will currently crash when equipping the “Hunt” weapon camo and Fast Lock attachment on the Hellion Salvo launcher. We’re fixing this in an upcoming update – in the meantime, please avoid using this camo/Attachment combination on the Hellion Salvo to prevent crashing.
- Teammate Names Disappearing
- Some players are reportedly seeing their teammates’ player names disappearing temporarily during MP matches, making it difficult to tell friend from foe. We’re investigating this as well.
- Xbox One Deluxe Edition Items
- We’re aware some users are still having trouble accessing their Shadowman and Classified content consistently on Xbox One, even after manually downloading the items. We’re continuing to investigate to see what can be done on our end to solve this.
Treyarch has shared in a new Reddit post that a new Game Update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is scheduled to go live later this week with many updates and fixes based on upon feedback from the launch window. Treyarch states more information on the update is coming closer to its release so stay tuned.
Later this week, the team is planning a larger game update that will bring some key improvements and new additions to Black Ops 4.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Beyond that, Treyarch has provided an update on the latest issues they are tracking based on feedback in Black Ops 4. They’ve stated this isn’t the full list, but is what they wanted to communicate with us now:
- Performance in Quads
- We’re aware that some players are seeing fluctuations in network performance in Blackout Quads (particularly on Xbox One), and the team has been actively investigating. This is not an easily identifiable issue that happens for all players, and internal testing hasn’t shown it to be consistent. We’ll update everyone when we’re closer to a solution.
- Disappearing Optics
- We’ve seen some reports that the Red Dot and other Optics can sometimes temporarily disappear when aiming down sights. The team is investigating this for a fix in a future update.
- Emblem Editor Issues
- Some players have experienced unexpected behavior with the Emblem Editor, including layers that can’t be deleted, distorted images, and other issues that occur after adding several layers to the Emblem. While many players have been able to create some truly amazing Emblems already, we know it’s not an optimal experience for everyone across the board and we’re looking into it. There are a lot of moving parts here (literally) and some of these items may affect how other items perform, so please bear with us as we work on improving this experience.
- Search and Destroy Custom Games
- As we mentioned in a previous update, we’re aware of some issues specifically present in Custom Search and Destroy matches, particularly with matches ending after round 7. We’re planning to address these in an update soon.
Treyarch has also stated that, going forward, we can expect Reddit updates about 2-3 times a week versus daily posts, as we’ve moved out of the launch window.