Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Launch Day Update – Bug Fixes, Emote Peeking, And More
❘ Published: 2018-10-12T21:14:42
❘ Updated: 2020-12-09T17:32:48
Treyarch has shared their first community update posted on Reddit detailing what they are working on, what changes have gone live since launch, and a promise for consistent communication.
First off: we’re currently tracking everything you’ve been sharing with us here on the subreddit and across our social channels. We’ll have a more detailed update coming tomorrow, so please keep your feedback coming in the comments below in the meantime.
Updates to All Platforms Today (Global):
- Made many stability and UI improvements based on early tracking of live issues prior to official launch.
- Fixed an issue where Free-for-All players could sometimes appear on a team together.
- Players are now granted bonus XP for unlocking Reactive and Mastercraft camos.
- Corrected some inaccurate Challenge descriptions.
- Turned on Easter Eggs for all Zombies levels.
- Addressed some issues with Merits and stat tracking.
- Framerate cap increased to 160 FPS; uncapped framerate planned in the coming days.
- Fixed an issue causing a UI error to appear when right-clicking characters in the Personalization menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused UI elements to persist on screen when opening the Player menu at the same time as a match starting.
- Fixed an issue causing the Social and Settings menus to be inaccessible when spectating in Blackout.
Here’s a list of what Treyarch is also working on based on some of the feedback they have seen so far:
- We’re aware that players have been able to use Gestures (often referred to by the community as “Emotes”) to peek around corners in modes where that can create an unfair advantage. We’re currently working on an update that creates two systems for Gestures – the default system that is in the game now, and a competitive version that disables free look and applies different camera settings to prevent using it to see around corners. The default system will be used in parts of the game where corner peeking won’t affect gameplay balance (like the staging area of Blackout), and the competitive version will be used in modes where a more restrictive camera system is needed. We want players to always have fun with Gestures as intended, but never at the expense of fair gameplay!
- There have been reports of sub-optimal spawning in Domination. We’re aware and working to improve that immediately.
- Razor Wire should never trigger “team kill” detection in Hardcore modes. This is unintentional and will be fixed.