Warzone players call for major Perk rework
Fans of Activision’s successful Call of Duty battle royale game believe that the game is in need of change when it comes to its Perks as they have become too meta.
There has been so much focus and scrutiny over certain aspects of Warzone’s meta in the last year that other factors have gotten lost in the shuffle. From overpowered AUGs and M16s to an overabundance of cargo trucks, there’s always something that needs fixing.
Whereas, Warzone’s Perks have remained unchanged throughout the game’s duration. Directly ripped from 2019’s Modern Warfare, the Perks and Equipment used in Warzone are pretty much all the same. Given that Warzone has become a separate entity almost, CoD fans believe some changes need to be made.
On average, a typical Warzone loadout will feature either E.O.D or Double Time for Perk One, Ghost or Overkill, then Ghost picked up mid-game, and finally Amped as Perk Three.
Reddit user vol4lyfe123 has outlined these points and discussed them in a detailed post in which the game’s Perk meta could be adjusted accordingly.
“Perk 1 (Blue):
- Quick Fix: In addition to health regeneration immediately after killing an enemy, this should speed up the plating animation so you plate up faster. This partnered with Amped would be OP though, so this should be moved to the yellow category.
- Cold Blooded: Undetectable by AI targeting systems, thermals, and Heartbeats. Basically, Ghost shouldn’t counter heartbeats and UAVs. Splitting up Ghost into 2 categories can give some freedom and more of a choice between UAV counter or HB counter, also makes people choose between EOD or CB.
- Scavenger: Always find ammo when killing players. Get max ammo from map-based ammo resupplies. This could be a very good perk when balanced with Cold Blooded. Gives some variety.
Perk 2 (Red):
- Hardline: Removed.
- Ghost: Remove Heartbeat Sensor detection to Cold Blooded.
- High Alert: In addition to the vision pulses, counters Dead Silence. DS has been more and more prevalent since the Stopping Power spawn rate got nerfed. DS currently has no counter.
- Pointman: Doubles the spawn rate of cash drops from crates and discount items from Buy Stations. (Removes hardline)
Perk 3 (Yellow):
- Amped: Keep.
- Shrapnel: Removed because you can pick up two anyway.
- Battle Hardened: Normal effect but also removes coughing sound from gas and reduces damage taken from gas.
- Spotter: Enemies using Cold-Blooded now show up on thermal sights and Heartbeats.
- Tracker: Keep.”
The Cold-Blooded change would be a standout alteration as the tried and tested process of starting with Overkill and acquiring Ghost from another loadout is abused in every game.
As well as Warzone’s perks, another also added that they’d like to see the “Nerfing of things like Heartbeat (Sensors) would help a lot and I see a lot of people stopped using E.O.D since the C4 and the Semtex buff.”
It would be very interesting to see Raven Software take a second look at Warzone’s Perks and Equipments as it could be one way in which the game could feel fresher with more options.
Also, check out the Warzone feature that would make the stim & gas mask glitch exploits useless.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software