Warzone 2 & MW2 February 16 & 17 update patch notes: Crashing fix, Equipment buffs, more
Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 updates arrived on February 16 and February 17. The updates followed the Season 2 patch by fixing several bugs across both games including a common crashing issue. Let’s take a look at the full patch notes below.
On February 15, Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 players received the long-awaited Season 2 update. The update was delayed by a few weeks, but it delivered plenty of new content for players to explore when it finally arrived.
While players are busy discovering the new Ashika Island map, and testing out Modern Warfare 2’s new game modes, the devs decided to roll two updates in back-to-back days after the major content drop.
Here’s what you need to know about the Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 February 17 and 16 updates.
- Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 crash fix
- Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 February 17 update patch notes
- Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 February 16 update patch notes
Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 crash fix
Following the Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 Season 2 update an influx of players reported frequent game crashing. This mostly impacted PC players and hindered their ability to enjoy all of the new Season 2 content like the new weapons and Ranked Play.
Luckily, Call of Duty fans can get back to enjoying everything the update has to offer as the devs “fixed several issues causing crashes.” They also stated that they’d continue to monitor reports of game crashes and prioritize any needed fixes.
Take a look at the full patch notes for the Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 February 17 and 16 updates below.
Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 February 17 update patch notes
General Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the countdown timer would display incorrectly when Players entered a Vehicle in an out-of-bounds area
- Fixed an issue causing the countdown timer to display incorrectly after the Player drives through an out-of-bounds/restricted area in Ground War, and tries to re-enter one of these two areas for the first time after
Field Upgrades Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the Deployable Cover could not be deployed on surfaces with broken glass shards
- Fixed an issue causing the Inflatable Decoy to float in the air when deployed on water surfaces on certain maps
- Fixed an issue causing the Inflatable Decoy to destroy itself when activated underwater near shallow water
- Fixed issue with the Portable Radar Reticle not always appearing immediately when activated
- Fixed a number of issues causing some Players to get stuck after trying to deploy a Recon Drone in certain areas
- Fixed an exploit where Players could farm XP with a Suppression Mine
Killstreaks Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where using a Care Package had a small chance of kicking Players back to the main menu
- Fixed an issue causing some Killstreak target markers to appear on eliminated enemies in Modes that have a revive feature
- Fixed an issue where Players with Juggernaut active were still able to use Killstreaks (PC Only)
- Fixed an issue where some Players who picked up the dropped Juggernaut Minigun would drop it automatically when running over a Weapon they have in their current inventory
- Fixed an issue allowing Players to earn a second MGB in round-based Modes
- Fixed an issue causing the Mortar Strike marker to return to an incorrect point when targeting a location through a window
- Fixed an issue preventing Precision Airstrike makers from being placed on a water surface
- Fixed an issue allowing Vehicles operated by a Squad member to drive through a Player’s Sentry Gun to hide it from view
- Fixed an issue allowing Players to deploy a Sentry Gun in prohibited spaces
- Fixed an issue preventing Players from canceling out of deploying a Sentry Gun while parachuting
- Fixed an issue allowing Players to deploy a Sentry Gun in out-of-bounds areas
- Fixed an issue causing the VTOL Jet to ignore targeted enemies when they enter a vehicle
- Exfil Helicopter
- The Heavy Chopper that Squads exfil with upon winning a match will now use the cosmetic Vehicle skin of the highest scoring Squad member.
- Attachment UI
- Players will now see the Attachments for their active Loadout Weapon(s) highlighted in yellow on the Weapon silhouette located in the bottom right of the UI.
- Semtex and Drill Charges
- These will down a Player with maximum Armor Plates equipped if they stick directly to their body.
- Throwing Knives
- These will down a Player with maximum Armor Plates equipped if it hits their head or upper torso.
- Solo Self-Revive
- In Solo queue, a Player can now Self-Revive if Assimilated Squad members are downed.
- A.I. Combatant Threat
- A.I. Combatant threat generated by Recon and Bomb Drones Reduced has been reduced by 85%.
- Fixed an issue causing the Heartbeat Sensor battery to reset after being dropped on the group and picked up again.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Loadout Drops from remaining stable on train platforms.
Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 February 16 update patch notes
- Fixed several issues causing crashes on game client start as we continue to prioritize further fixes.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Battle Pass Tokens that had rolled over from Season 01 from appearing correctly in the UI.
- Fixed an issue that caused view distortion while using the Riot Shield.
- Fixed an issue where mouse and keyboard Players could not remove certain Blueprint Attachments in Gunsmith.
- Fixed an issue that caused visual misalignment while previewing some Weapons.
- Fixed an issue that caused visual misalignment while using the Killstreak tablet or the Heartbeat Sensor.
- Fixed an issue that caused Players to lose the ability to move after reviving a downed Squad member.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Armor Plates from automatically filling the active Loadout slot until the Player manually equipped one first.
- Fixed an issue in DMZ where Players were holding invisible Weapons when no Weapon was actually equipped.
For more, check out how to use Proximity Chat in Warzone 2 & DMZ, or the best Ashika Island landing spots for wins & high-kill games.
Image Credit: Activision