The best RPD Class in Black Ops Cold War
Here’s the best class for the RPD in Black Ops Cold War.
Among some of the returning weapons from the Black Ops franchise is the RPD light machine gun. It offers decent mobility for a weapon of its class, solid strafe speed, and high power rounds.
YouTuber “Eross” shows us in the video below his loadout of choice with the RPD.
- Barrel: 16.5″ Cut Down – Shorter barrel which reduces overall weapon weight. Adds additional move speed while shooting.
- Underbarrel: Foregrip – Additional horizontal recoil control when firing.
- Magazine: Fast Mags – 33% boost to reload speeds. A huge boost to a weapon that’s known to have very long reload times. Best to reload before the mag is fully empty for a shorter reload animation.
- Handle: Speed Tape – 10% increase on aim down sight time. Can be replaced with GRU Elastic Wrap when unlocked at a later time.
- Stock: Tactical Stock – 40% boost to aim walking movement speed. Massive for a light machine gun.
Tips for the field
- Planned attacks – Since movement with light machine guns is sluggish, you’ll want to be well-prepared before you get into gunfights. Be sure to pre aim angles as much as possible. You won’t win gunfights if you aim down sight mid gunfight.
- Find the high ground – Lay waste to any foe in the middle of a field or just generally not in cover. You conquer anyone who can’t find immediate cover.
- Objective protection – Since you’re using a light machine gun, you won’t be hopping flags often. You can still play the objective though, with the power of defense. Find a nice piece of cover you can get behind with a good angle of a hardpoint, flag or bomb site to be a powerful objective player.
- Planned reloads – Reloads are long. Don’t get into a position where you’re low on ammo with enemies coming your way. Reload whenever you have downtime, even if you’re only missing 30 shots. You never know when you’ll need it…