Cold War March 3 update & patch notes: Rapid Fire Moshpit, Dead Ops, Access Week
A new update has dropped for Black Ops Cold War with the March 3 patch notes including a new Moshpit playlist option, a brand new Dead Ops Arcade option, and more info on Free Access Week.
Fresh off of the Season 2 launch, Treyarch is already updating Black Ops Cold War with new content for hungry gamers to sink their teeth into. CoD devs are usually not the ones to rest on their laurels and have to ensure that their audience constantly has new material to play with.
The March 3 update offers new ways to play the game, and here are the details about the new March 3 update and patch notes taken from the Official Call of Duty Treyarch blog.
New Ways To Play Incoming
On Thursday, we’re bringing even more ways to experience Black Ops Cold War with the new Rapid Fire Moshpit in 6v6 Multiplayer and Dead Ops Arcade: First Person in Zombies.
Rapid Fire Moshpit is something brand-new for Black Ops, and it’s all about non-stop action both in and out of your matches. Jump into a mix of TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint on the game’s smallest and fastest-paced maps: Apocalypse, Nuketown ’84, Crossroads Strike, Raid, Express, and Garrison.
To keep things moving, there will be a constant Spy Plane sweeping the mini-map throughout the match, and the Ghost Perk will be disabled so everyone shows up on radar at all times. Wait times between matches will also be reduced to get everyone back into the action as fast as possible. We’ve had a blast playtesting this one, and we think 6v6 fans just might have a new favorite playlist on their hands when this drops on March 4th.
And for our Zombies fans: as if Outbreak wasn’t wild enough, get ready to take on the undead with the squad in a whole new way. Dead Ops Arcade: First Person brings players inside the complete Dead Ops Arcade 3 experience, all from the familiar zombie-slaying perspective you’ve known and loved since World at War – available for the first time in Public matches starting on March 4th.
If you’re looking for a new Zombies adventure to jump into with your friends after an epic Outbreak session, this is it. Fight through 60+ rounds, collect treasures and permanent power-ups, conquer new arenas, discover bonus rooms, pilot vehicles, explore randomly generated Dungeons, and team up against classic undead enemies from throughout Zombies history, including Margwas, Crawlers, Blightfathers, Werewolves, and even Brutus himself.
You can even sprint, jump, slide, and swim in First Person, bringing a whole new dimension to the Dead Ops experience. Whether you’re a die-hard Zombies fan or a DOA first-timer, you’re definitely going to want to check this one out. Grab your friends, start up a lobby on Thursday, and let us know what you think… just be prepared for the hours to melt away.
Free Access Week Continues
Don’t forget, there’s less than 48 hours left to play Multiplayer and Outbreak for free during Free Access Week! If you haven’t jumped in yet, simply download Black Ops Cold War Free Access on your platform’s store and play with friends for free through 10AM PT Thursday, March 4th.
Without further ado, here’s what’s new in today’s update:
- Combined Arms
- Adjusted Zone Capture time in Combined Arms Assault.
- Added various stability fixes for issues with Objectives, Jump Pads, Krasny Soldat, and the Dragon Relic.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when killing a Megaton HVT during the Elimination Objective.
- The Eliminate Objective no longer removes additional enemies between HVT jumps to better balance difficulty with other Outbreak Objectives.
- Addressed an issue with zombies pausing or pathing incorrectly to the Holdout Objective.
- Addressed an issue where the Krasny Soldat’s flamethrower attack would not deal damage under certain circumstances.
- Addressed an issue where the flashlight would stay on after spectating during the Holdout Objective.
- Addressed an issue where Tombstone Soda could cause the player to fall out of the gameplay space in Golova, Alpine, and Ruka.
- Addressed an issue where the Chopper Gunner could fly out of the gameplay space after multiple uses.
- Addressed an issue where Ray Gun splash damage could break all Armor if the player had Jugger-Nog Tiers III, IV, and V.
- Addressed an issue where Healing Aura incorrectly gained the benefit of Quick Revive’s Tier IV ability.
Image credits: Treyarch