How to get and upgrade Cold War CRBR-S Wonder Weapon: Quest, Upgrades, Variations
The Zombies portion of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is getting a lot of love in the Season 4 Reloaded update thanks to the Mauer Der Toten map and the new CRBR-S Wonder Weapon. Here are the unlock requirements and how to upgrade it too.
One of the most intriguing additions coming to Cold War Zombies with the launch of Season 4 Reloaded will undoubtedly be the CRBR-S Wonder Weapon that players will be able to acquire on Mauer Der Toten.
Luckily, we have everything you need to know about the Cold War CRBR-S Wonder Weapon so that you can add it to your arsenal and upgrade it to be a truly devastating tool for your battle against the undead.
How to get Cold War Zombies CRBR-S Wonder Weapon in Mauer Der Toten
Players were given a first look at how they will get the new Cold War CRBR-S Wonder Weapon on Mauer Der Toten in the reveal of the Season 4 Reloaded update roadmap.
This powerful item can be obtained by players in three different ways that you can find below.
Unlock the CRBR-S Wonder Weapon via Mauer Der Toten quest
There is the main Mauer Der Toten quest that will guarantee you a CRBR-S Wonder Weapon, but as with most special Zombies objectives, the process is very convoluted.
Here is what you’ll need to do:
- First thing you’ll need to do is build Klaus – check out our full guide on how to do that here
- Head to the ‘Switch Control Room’ and command Klaus to go near the locker in there, he’ll proceed to smash it up
- Take the light inside of it
- You now need to find numbers scattered around the map, and the first one can be found inside the ‘Garment Factory’
- Each main number will always be in the same location, but the additional numbers in eachg location will change, so make sure you’re making note of the new numbers each time.
- Main number two is in the ‘Service Passage’ – so see what numbers are in there
- Next up is the ‘Grocery Store’ – repeat the insructions above
- Now that you have 6 numbers, go back to the room you found Klaus in, and enter the numbers in the right order into the safe
- Open the safe, and claim your CRBR-S Wonder Weapon!
Prove yourself worthy at the Trials machines
Like with every other Black Ops Cold War Zombies map there are plenty of Trials for you to undertake and complete.
- Read More: How to get a Nuke in Black Ops Cold War
If you are able to complete enough of them and reach the max possible reward, then you will earn yourself the CRBR-S Wonder Weapon.
These are some of the Trials you can expect to be given should you choose to activate one:
- Avoid Taking Damage
- Get Multiple Kills As Quickly As Possible
- Kill Zombies:
- – With Equipment
- – In the Dark Aether
- – In Location
- – From a Higher Elevation
- – With Melee Attacks
- – With Hip Fire
- – Within Close Range
- – While Crouched
- – With Critical Finishers
- Remain Inside Location As Long As Possible
- Rebuild Barricades
- Take Damage and Recover Health
Open the Mystery Box
If you don’t want to complete the quest and don’t feel up to doing some trials, then you can always rely on random chance to get one.
The franchise’s trusty Mystery Box will be readily available once more, and for the sum of 950 points, you could land yourself a Sniper Rifle, or get a CRBR-S just like that.
How to upgrade CRBR-S Wonder Weapon
One of the unique traits of this item is its ability to upgrade into three other versions in addition to its base energy-based pistol form.
Players can upgrade this weapon into its three other variations and the only way to do this is by picking up special Mod Kits that will drop randomly from Zombies. These Mod Kits will attach to your weapon and transform it into a completely new form.
CRBR-S Base Form
Without any modifications, the Wonder Weapon acts as a standard, but powerful Pistol. The main advantage of its typical state is that it also comes with a companion orb that floats around and shoots Zombies too.
CRBR-S Blazer Mod Kit
Blazer upgrades your CRBR-S into a literal melting machine as the gun becomes a laser beam rifle that can continue to fire and clear out a string of Zombies.
CRBR-S Defuser Mod Kit
The Defuser Mod essentially turns the Wonder Weapon into an extremely powerful Shotgun and eats up 5 rounds per shot guaranteeing destruction.
CRBR-S Swarm Mod Kit
The final mod is the Swarm Mod, and picking this up will transform the Wonder Weapon into a mini-handheld Rocket Launcher with lock-on capabilities.
Image Credits: Activision / Treyarch