How to fix Apex Legends “Party not ready” error
The “Party not ready” error continues to plague Apex Legends players, keeping them from entering a match. However, there are a few different ways for you to get around this issue.
Apex Legends has a wide collection of content for players to enjoy, but it also comes with a few problems. Sometimes you’ll encounter error messages like “server shutting down” that prevent you from playing the game.
The “Party is not ready” error has been plaguing Apex Legends players for a while and it can get in the way of your matchmaking. If you want to fix this issue, then there are a few different ways to get around it.
- How to fix the “Party not ready” error in Apex Legends
- Restart the game or rejoin the lobby
- Check your Internet connection
How to fix the “Party not ready” error in Apex Legends
This error message will appear while you wait in the lobby screen of Apex Legends. It will inform you that you can’t join the game because your party isn’t ready, so you’ll be stuck waiting at the screen.
This can happen even if you’re trying to play solo, so it’s one of the most frustrating errors in the game. The good news is that there are a few different methods to get around this problem.
Restart the game or rejoin the lobby
The simplest solution is to close the game and then start it up again. You’ll then be thrown right into a match without encountering this issue. If you still encounter this message when you’re already in a party, it could mean that one of the members isn’t ready.
If you want to speed things up, you could try leaving the party and joining it again. This will ensure that you don’t need to wait for them before you can join the game.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Press the menu/options button or Settings cog wheel in the Apex Legends lobby screen
- Click the bottom-left of the screen to return to menu shown in the bottom-left of the screen
- Once you’re back at the title screen, try joining again
Check your Internet connection
You might also encounter this problem if there’s a problem with your Internet connection. So, you can try restarting your router and then see if the “Party not ready” error is still appearing in the game.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Boot up Apex Legends and enter the lobby screen.
- Attempt to queue and wait for the “Party not ready” error.
- Reboot your WIFI/router while still in-game.
- Wait to reconnect to Apex Legends.
- The issue should be resolved!
If one of these solutions works, you’ll see a tick appear next to your username above your Legend. Hopefully, one of these methods will work and you won’t encounter the “Party not ready” error message again.
For more Apex Legends news and content, check out our list ranking the best guns in Apex Season 11.
Image credits: Respawn Entertainment