All Apex Legends Season 11 Ranked changes: Battle Royale & Arenas
In the Apex Legends Season 11 patch notes, the developers revealed some pretty big ranked changes coming to the game.
Apex Legends Season 11 is almost here, and now that the developers have released the official patch notes, we have more details on how things will change.
As well as details on Ash, the new C.A.R SMG, Dual Shell Hop-Up, and Storm Point, we also got some interesting developments on the changes coming to Ranked Leagues.
Let’s check out all the Apex Legends ranked changes coming in Season 11.
Apex Legends Ranked Leagues is a competitive space for players to improve their skills and climb the ranks.
Although a lot of players aren’t too fond of the tense gameplay and would prefer to play more casually in public games, Ranked Leagues is great for those who love competition.
With that being said, a lot of changes were detailed in EA’s latest blog relating to the Apex Legends ranked system, so let’s take a deep dive into what will be happening.
Apex Legends Ranked changes
First off, there are changes coming to the RP system in Battle Royale, which concerns how RP works.
Starting in Season 11:
- Kill RP values now take differences between killer/victim Ranked tiers into account.
- The kill RP cap (as we have traditionally thought about it up to this point) is effectively being raised from six to seven. However, this kill-related RP cap can be reached in different ways, depending on tier differences and placement. Placement is still paramount, and you still must place first to have a chance at max total RP.
To expand on the first point, tier differences between the killer and victim will be taken into account when calculating baseline kill point value.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
For example, if a Plat player kills a Diamond player, that kills count as 12 instead of 10 RP.
|Tier Difference||Kill Points|
Some points of clarification:
- Victims do not lose more or less points when killed (in terms of entry cost). Only the killer receives the modifier.
- Apex Predator and Master are treated as the same tier.
- An encounter rate with someone of a 3+ tier difference is ultra-rare (less than 0.1%). Ranked matchmaking is staying the same, so in general, you’ll come across identical tiers. In cases where you squad up with a different rank friend or merge into a different tier lobby, your KP will be adjusted appropriately.
After tier differences are taken into account for kill points, a flat per kill bonus is added based on placement.
|Final Placement||Per Kill Bonus|
|2 – 3||10|
|4 – 5||5|
|6 – 10||2|
|11 – 14+||0|
The maximum kill point RP is 175. Any kill-related RP that exceeds that after placement and tier modifiers are added doesn’t affect total RP. Respawn explained this change very well with an example that was given in the patch notes:
“As a Platinum player, you party up with your Diamond friend and matchmake into a lobby with similarly skilled players. You snag second place, with 6 kills (and/or assists) against Diamond players, and 3 on Plat players.
Each kill on those Diamond players is worth 12 points instead of the typical 10, because they are one rank tier higher than you. That leaves us with (12 × 6) + (10 × 3) = 102 RP.
Now let’s take placement into account. In second, the per kill bonus is 10, so our 9 kills (including assists) × 10 = 90 RP.“
Apex Legends Arenas Ranked changes
Respawn seems to have learned a lot from the first season of Ranked arenas and are eager to bring some improvements:
- Arenas Ranked now has 2 splits, similar to Ranked Battle Royale
- Along with each new season and split, there is a soft MMR reset and new placement matches. New seasons require the usual 10 placement matches while a new split only requires 5 placement matches.
- Improvements have been made to matchmaking for finding similarly skilled teammates.
- Reduced the AP amount gained or lost from MMR differences between teams.
Well there you have it, that’s all the upcoming Apex Legends ranked changes for Season 11, for more make sure you check out every POI in the new map Storm Point.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment