Call of Duty: Warzone 2
What is Warzone’s Operation Flashback LTM? Dates, settings & rewards
With Warzone’s new map and integration with Vanguard in sight, a new LTM will give Verdansk the end it deserves.
As players bid farewell to Warzone’s first-ever map, Verdansk, a new LTM called Operation Flashback will give it a proper send-off.
Call of Duty: Vanguard‘s release has marked the start of new content for Warzone. As soon as Vanguard Season 1 begins, Warzone will be getting a brand new map, Caldera.
In order to give Verdansk a great send-off, the developers have come up with a final LTM. This LTM is referred to as Warzone Operation Flashback.
Here are all the details on the new LTM.
When is Warzone Operation Flashback?
Call of Duty’s latest blog revealed the details:
November 18: Operation Flashback Begins in Warzone – An encore limited-time mode for Verdansk, celebrating its past 18 months of hosting over 100 million players strong in Warzone. Ready for your last dance in Verdansk?
While Vanguard gets Shipment and other offerings to supplement its already massive amount of single-player, co-op, and Multiplayer experiences, Warzone will be preparing for the end of Verdansk.
What is Warzone: Operation Flashback?
Operators will drop into the latest fissure-laden 1984 version of the city. At the start of each circle collapse, including during Infil, expect an in-game Public Event. These events will be from the past to impact the present fight for survival.
- Read more: How to slide cancel in CoD: Vanguard
These events include the mainstays since Warzone’s launch – aka Season Two of Modern Warfare®:
- Fire Sale: Major discounts at all Buy Stations for most items.
- Jailbreak: All eliminated players redeploy into the match.
- Supply Chopper: Supply Helicopters fly around the map, with their health now significantly reduced compared to the standard event to make them even more of a game-changer if you can acquire their Supply Crates.
- Cash Drop: Plunder Cash drops will become available across the map.
- Loadouts: Free Loadout Drops, a welcome sight in Verdansk, especially for those former Iron Trials competitors. However, it’s now with a new twist – Loadout Drop Markers are only available to purchase from Buy Stations once this Loadout Drop Public Event has happened. So get scavenging and leverage the loot you find!
Circle Collapse events
In addition to these events, the following can also happen at the start of each circle collapse:
- Ground Fall (Season Four, Black Ops Cold War): Satellites crash to the ground in this event, dropping Satellite Caches free for the taking… if you can get them.
- Hostile Fire (Season Three, Black Ops Cold War): Arm C4 on the rooftop of “Downtown Tower” while avoiding the incoming attack chopper for one of the Vault Keycards. Simultaneously, the “Unfinished Business” Contracts make a glorious return so it’s a race to the vault!
- Restock (Season One, Black Ops Cold War via Rebirth Island): All Supply Boxes on the map close and refresh their loot, perfect for if you’ve just returned from the Gulag…
- Resurgence (Season One, Black Ops Cold War via Rebirth Island): All players redeploy if at least one squad member is still alive. Rebirth Island Resurgence Operators will know the rules of this event and the Restock one well.
- Juggernaut Royale (Season Four, Modern Warfare): Multiple Juggernaut crates deploy to the field, equippable as one-per-squad. View the Tac Map to see where they drop, and prepare for a fight.
- [REDACTED] Weapon Drops: A brand-new event for Operation: Flashback, expect a drop of heavy weapons crates with predefined loot to award the most daring squads with huge firepower.. including [REDACTED] weapons.
These circle collapses will happen at a quicker pace and in greater numbers. There will be nine instead of eight, yet they will be slightly larger in radius compared to those from a standard Battle Royale.
Operation Flashback item pool
Operation: Flashback also features a dedicated item pool curated with weapons that many veterans will recognize as “meta-defining” since Warzone’s launch.
Take a trip down memory lane with double-barreled Dragon’s Breath shotguns, semi-auto do-it-all marksman rifles, akimbo weapons galore, and other armaments that return in this mode (and nowhere else in Warzone).
More than rare item pool
- Self-Revive Kit (Season Two, Modern Warfare): Medical kits allowing you or a squadmate to revive themselves after being downed during a match.
- Precision Airstrike (Season Two, Modern Warfare): Throw on those binoculars to designate a twin jet precision strike on a path in your line of sight.
- Cluster Strike (Season Two, Modern Warfare): Designate a mortar strike by pointing a handheld laser at any position within your line of sight.
- Overdrive Perk (Season Five, Black Ops Cold War): Grants a temporary speed boost.
- Gas Mask (Season Two, Modern Warfare): Single-use item that allows Operators to not take damage in the circle collapse for 10 seconds.
Incredibly Rare Item Pool
- Durable Gas Mask (Season Five Secret Item, Modern Warfare): Single-use item that allows Operators to not take damage in the circle collapse for 30 seconds.
- Advanced UAV (Season Two Secret Item, Modern Warfare): Reveals both the positions and directions of all Operators within Verdansk. Those who currently have Ghost equipped will also appear on the radar outside of 250 meters but will disappear once the squad using an Advanced UAV gets into that range.
- 2X Perk (Season Five, Black Ops Cold War): Doubles Points, XP, and Cash during its activation time.
- Vault Keycards #1 and #3 (Season Three Secret Item, Black Ops Cold War): Can be used alongside Vault Keycard #2 from the “Downtown Tower” Public Event to unlock [[CONFIDENTIAL]] (but ’80s Action Heroes already know this…).
The Rarest of the Rare Item
- Hunter Vision (Season Five, Black Ops Cold War):Occasionally highlights all nearby enemies with a heat signature, granting increased visibility on them, even through cover.
- Specialist Token (Season Three Secret Item, Black Ops Cold War): A highly desirable item that awards the player who loots this token with all available Perks.
In addition to these items, Operators will receive all-new rewards for completing Scavenger and Recon Contracts. Completing a Scavenger Contract will award a guaranteed Cluster Strike or Precision Airstrike, while Recon Contracts give out a free UAV.
Buy Station closeout sale
Due to the distance between Verdansk and Caldera, Buy Stations across Operation: Flashback is clearing out items from other limited-time modes and elsewhere within the world of Warzone.
Everything must go before all Operators head to Caldera — and we mean everything. In the main Buy Station menu, all of the usual offerings have been replaced with the following:
- Self-Revive Kit
- Armor Plate Bundle
- Armor Box
- Recon Drone
- Munitions Box
- Sentry Gun
- Loadout Drop Marker
- Armored Truck
Operation Flashback rewards
Two unique rewards will be up for grabs:
- Emblem for participating in the event
- Animated Calling Card for those who claim victory!
Enjoy the nostalgia and get rewarded with an Emblem just for playing.
Those who claim victory will also receive an animated Calling Card, proof of mastery for Warzone’s past and present, as we look forward to the future.
That’s all on Warzone’s new Operation Flashback LTM. For more, check out our piece on the size difference between Caldera and Verdansk.
Image Credits & Source: Activision / Raven Software
Are Pokemon Go servers down? Current server status
If you're experiencing connectivity issues during your playing sessions, here are some useful tips to check the Pokemon Go server...
All Whiscash weaknesses & resistances in Pokemon
If you're looking to defeat or catch Whiscash in a Pokemon game, here's everything you need to know about its...
Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1 patch notes: Armor changes, AEK 971, more
Here are the full patch notes for Battlefield 2042's Update 4.1 that brings more classic weapons and gameplay changes.