Respawn Entertainment is preparing a major patch update for Apex Legends, which will mark the new year by bringing changes to the game. Here is everything that is confirmed as well as what we hope to see.
Season 7 of Apex Legends is off to a great start with its map and vehicles giving players something new to enjoy. Plus, the recent return of Airship Assassin during this year’s Black Friday sales gave back veteran Wraith players something they had been missing for a while.
There is even more upcoming content to look forward to; Respawn has plans to start 2021 with a huge update patch in January, which will come with many fixes for existing bugs and potentially some cool New Year themed content. Here is what we know about the update so far.
Upcoming Bug Fixes
According to the Apex Legends Trello board, the following errors will be patched up in the 2021 update:
- Invalid/expired tokens errors: These keep console players from being able to connect to the Apex Legends servers.
- Octane jump pad bugs: Players can’t double jump after interacting with the Octane jump pad.
- Steam lobby lag: Season 7 has frame drops, lag, and visual bugs in the pre-game lobby.
- Incorrect player names display on Steam: Player names are shown as long random strings of characters on Steam.
- Placing Sheila on the Trident leads to a crash: Placing Rampart’s turrets on a Trident has caused so many crashes that Respawn took away that ability until they patch it up.
- Mark all as seen option for menus: This is an issue that came to light in a reddit post and a fix is on its way.
These are the changes that have been officially confirmed by Respawn so far, but there could very well be a lot more once the patch actually rolls around.
More Potential Updates
Here are some other features that have yet to be confirmed for the upcoming update, but we might see them soon:
- New Skins: In addition to the upcoming Holo-Day skins, we could see the release of brand new cosmetics to fit the new year spirit.
- Octane buffs: Respawn aims to Octane’s kit after the Season 7 changes. Although the team stated they were hoping to get these changes out in the January update, it has not been officially confirmed.
- Weapon buffs: Season 7 has seen a lot of fixes to the weapon balancing in Apex Legends, so we might see more of this for the coming year. Especially when new events take place.
- New Maps: Olympus is the newest map in Apex Legends that has proven to be a diverse and well-designed area. We might see a new update to the game’s maps in the coming year.
- Battle Pass progression: The Season 7 battle pass w’s progression system felt unfamiliar to players so the response wasn’t lukewarm. Respawn might change this into something more recognizable.
- Crossplay Fixes: Crossplay has been generally buggy since the Aftermarket Collection event. Respawn has been working on improvements and we could see some more in the new update.
- Additional bugs fixes: Respawn has confirmed that the fixes listed on the Trello board are just a few of their current projects. There are many more changes that are being worked on that we haven’t heard about yet.
With the seasonal Holo-Day Bash event coming up on December 1, there is still a lot more for you to look forward to. That event will bring along new cosmetics and items for you to collect so that you can end this year with a bang.
So far, not much else is known about the Apex Legends 2021 update but we expect a plethora of exciting new content and fixes. We’re eager to hear more details about what Respawn Entertainment has planned for the game.
FIFA 23 LaLiga Player of the Month: January POTM winner & SBC requirements
The winner for FIFA 23’s LaLiga January Player of the Month has been announced and here's how to complete the...
Warzone 2 Assault Rifle destined to finally dethrone meta RPK in Season 2
According to Warzone 2 expert IceManIsaac, one Assault Rifle is in prime position to take over from the RPK in...
Hogwarts Legacy leak reveals full map size
A Hogwarts Legacy leak has revealed the full map prior to release, allowing players to get a sneak peek at...