Warzone Pacific’s March 2 update has arrived, bringing some major changes to Vanguard Royale mode, bug fixes including the Bren, and a nerf to Black Ops Cold War’s XM4. Here are the full patch notes.
Warzone Pacific Season 2 brought some major changes to battle royale, with the changes to Vanguard Royale perhaps having the biggest impact. But Raven Software aren’t done adjusting it yet, as they’re making some major changes to Vanguard Royale when it returns on March 3.
Player health has been increased to raise the TTK, and UAVs have returned to Buy Stations but will now cost a whopping $9,000. There are also plenty of bug fixes (including a fix to the overpowered Bren), and a nerf to the XM4, so you can check out the full patch notes below.
Major Vanguard Royale changes: Health buff, UAVs return
UAVs were removed from the Vanguard Royale playlist to separate it from the regular battle royale. This was an extremely divisive change and Warzone’s devs feel they’ve reached a compromise by bringing them back and increasing UAV prices from $6,000 to $9,000.
Plus, they’ve also made a major change to Vanguard Royale’s TTK. By raising player health from 100 to 150, there will be much higher TTK across all weapons – a change that was adored in the Iron Trials playlist that arrives on Rebirth Island on March 3.
These changes will be applied to Vanguard Royale when the mode returns on March 3.
Warzone’s Bren fixed in March 2 update
As discovered by YouTuber JGOD, Warzone’s Bren was dealing much more damage at range than it was supposed to thanks to a barrel being unintentionally buffed. The devs confirmed a fix on February 23, and it finally arrived with the March 2 update.
The patch notes read:
Fixed an issue causing the Light Machine Gun Charlie (VG) Queen’s 705mm Royal Barrel to bypass its intended Damage Falloff.
We may see the Bren’s popularity drop considerably in the coming weeks, but it will likely remain a powerful choice in Season 2.
Plus, the ever-popular XM4 Assault Rifle has had its neck multiplier reduced from 1.5 to 1.33, so expect a slightly longer TTK.
Warzone March 2 patch notes
Vanguard Royale Adjustments – COMING MARCH 3RD!
We have been happy with the response to the Vanguard Royale LTM and are releasing further balancing refinements this week based on your feedback on the gameplay experience to date.
When Vanguard Royale re-enters the Playlist rotation for all squad sizes tomorrow, March 3rd, you can expect the following changes:
- Core Player health will be increased to 150, up from 100
- Including Armor, Players will now have a total health pool of 300, up from 250
We agree with the feedback that the Time-to-Kill (TTK) has crept beyond the sweet spot and hope that this adjustment will improve Player experience and sentiment. This change comes parallel to additional Weapon balancing that remains a key focus for the team.
- UAV’s are now available in Buy Stations for $9,000, up from $6,000
We’ve seen both sides of feedback with the previous change to remove UAV’s wholesale from Buy Stations; some players liking the more traditional battle royale pacing, whilst others missing the ability to more readily push a team in the mid-game. We are excited by this compromise where UAV’s will remain accessible but less inclined to be so readily exploitable.
Our goal with both of these changes is to deliver a more balanced, fair and engaging experience. We will continue to monitor the impact of these changes and make additional updates where required.
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across Caldera allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to get stuck while proning underneath certain environmental elements such as stairs.
- Fixed an issue with elements at Chemical Factory to improve system performance and reduce hitching.
- Fixed an issue causing the Wade Bundled Up Operator Skin to appear headless.
- Fixed an issue causing the Submachine Gun Charlie (VG) VDD 189mm Short Barrel to incorrectly affect Locational Multipliers.
- Fixed an issue causing the Light Machine Gun Charlie (VG) Queen’s 705mm Royal Barrel to bypass its intended Damage Falloff.
- Fixed an issue causing optics on the Sniper Rifle Alpha (VG) Baltic Blueprint to appear opaque.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Nebula V Rounds to penetrate Riot Shields.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Nebula V Rounds to be applied to certain Melee Weapons.
- Fixed an issue causing Nebula V Rounds to lack a visual effect when used with various Launchers.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder images and descriptions to appear in various Store Bundles.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder descriptions to appear for the Whitley (VG) Camo Unlock Challenges.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder text to appear on the Party tab of the Social menu.
- Fixed an issue causing certain restricted Operators to be usable in Vanguard Royale modes.
- Fixed an issue causing the Bomber Plane ADS UI to remain stuck on the Player screen when landing the plane while holding ADS.
- XM4 (BOCW)
- Neck Damage Multiplier decreased to 1.33, down from 1.5
- Neck Damage Multiplier decreased to 1.33, down from 1.5
For additional Weapon & Attachment changes, please refer to the Bug Fixes section above.
SOURCE: Raven Software
Image Credit: Activision
How to complete Fortnite Season 1 Week 1 Quests: Every Season 1 challenge
Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1 brings new Quests every week, so here's how to complete each week's set of challenges.
FIFA 23 World Cup Path to Glory upgrade tracker
FIFA 23 Ultimate Team players can use our World Cup Path to Glory tracker to find out which cards from...
FIFA 23 Ultimate Team best full-backs: Cheap & meta players
The best full-backs in FIFA 23 will solidify your Ultimate Team back line and add to your transition game, so...