Warzone’s developers revealed new information about Godzilla and King Kong’s arrival in Caldera as part of Season 3’s Operation Monarch event. Here’s everything you need to know about the Godzilla vs Kong event, including the release date and what to expect.
Following the Warzone Pacific Season 3 update finally arriving, we not only got a ton of new patch notes with weapon and map changes, but we also received more details on this season’s main attraction, Operation Monarch.
This Season 3 event involves both Godzilla and King Kong, and not just as Operator skins. Now that we have more details on this event, let’s unpack the details.
- Warzone Godzilla vs Kong Operation Monarch release date
- What is Operation Monarch in Warzone – LTM explained?
- Operation Monarch challenges & rewards
- Godzilla and King Kong Warzone Operator skins
- Warzone Operation Monarch teaser trailer
Warzone Godzilla vs Kong Operation Monarch release date
Warzone’s Operation Monarch Godzilla vs Kong event will kick off on May 11 at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 5 PM BST, two weeks after Season 3’s launch. The mode will stick around until May 25, so make sure you get on and experience the Titans in action while you can.
The Titan-themed event brings a brand new way to play the game, which will create exciting gameplay opportunities. Let’s get into the details of how it will work.
What is Operation Monarch in Warzone – LTM explained?
Call of Duty Warzone’s Operation Monarch is a “special limited-time event featuring the iconic Titans of the Monsterverse, Godzilla and Kong.”
Operation Monarch will bring a brand new limited-time mode for Quads. This mode features a Resurgence ruleset and when players first drop-in, “A smaller section of Caldera will be marked for the first safe area.”
Once on the map, players must search Supply Boxes, special drops, and fallen enemies for Monarch Intel. This intel will “charge a special meter that unlocks items such as Killstreaks and Loadout Drops, along with a unique and powerful Titan Killstreak reward for filling it up completely.”
Meanwhile, Kong and Godzilla will be wreaking havoc on the map, and at the start and during the match they will enter a Titan Frenzy phase, where they become very aggressive. Dealing damage to the Titans will also reward players with Monarch Intel.
During a Titan Frenzy, players can either withdraw or attack. “The squad who deals the most damage to either Kong or Godzilla during a Titan Frenzy will automatically receive Monarch’s special S.C.R.E.A.M. Device. “
This device is essentially a killstreak that allows players to order an attack from either one of the Titans. Players can choose either Kong’s ground pound or Godzilla’s Heat Ray breath. Players can direct this attack at any point on Caldera.
Operation Monarch challenges & rewards
During this Limited-time mode, players will also be able to gain some new rewards by completing a set of eight challenges:
- Play Operation Monarch for 6 Hours: Reward – Epic “Ancestral Skull” Charm
- Use a Kong or Godzilla Killstreak Once: Reward – Rare “Ancient Remains” Charm
- Use a Kong or Godzilla Killstreak Three Times: Reward – Rare “Monarch Eyes Only” Charm
- Deal 500,000 damage to Titans: Reward – Rare “Concrete Jungle” Sticker
- Deal 135,000 total damage to Kong in Titan Frenzy Events: Reward – Legendary “Team Godzilla” Emblem
- Deal 135,000 total damage to Godzilla in Titan Frenzy Events: Reward – Legendary “Team Kong” Emblem
- Collect 3,000 Monarch Intel: Reward – Epic “Skyline Crasher” Calling Card
- Place in the Top 15 twelve times in the Operation Monarch Limited-Time Mode: Reward – Epic “One Will Fall” Spray
Completing all of these challenges will earn players the special “Ancient Rivalry” Marksman Rifle Blueprint.
The blog also hints at “secret rewards for the brave (or just plain reckless), so experiment with both monsters and see what you can find…”
Monsterverse Calling Cards
There are also some new exclusive Calling Cards that players can get for free to celebrate the development of Operation Monarch. In order to get these Calling Cards, follow these steps:
- Visit Monsterverse.com and enter your e-mail, preferably the one that your Activision Account is tied to.
- Look for a code in your email then visit callofduty.com/godzillavskong
- Log in with your Activision Account, enter your code when prompted, and claim your rewards!
- The items will be in your inventory the next time you start up the game.
Godzilla and King Kong Warzone Operator skins
The devs also showed off a couple of the Operation Monarch Operator skins we can obtain in Vanguard and Warzone for the event.
These Operator skins give players Godzilla and Kong-themed outfits, with masks resembling the two titans. There are three Tracer Pack Bundles:
- Tracer Pack: Godzilla Reactive Mastercraft Limited Time Bundle
- Tracer Pack: Kong Limited Time Bundle
- Tracer Pack: Mechagodzilla Limited Time Bundle
Further, those who purchase two of these bundles before June 13 can also get a free “Godzilla vs. Kong” Weapon Sticker and “Superspecies” Player Title. Those who purchase all three of the bundles get this and a Legendary “Apex Phase Rifle” SMG.
For more on Warzone Pacific Season 3, check out how Warzone players are furious with “broken” Owen Gun & are demanding another nerf.
Source: Call of Duty
Image Credit: Activision / Warner Bros.
Best Lockwood MK2 loadout for Warzone 2 Season 1 Reloaded
Here are the attachments, Perks, and equipment you need to create the best Lockwood MK2 loadout in Warzone 2 Season...
Overwatch 2 Season 3: Release date, new Antarctic Peninsula map, Ranked changes, Credits return
Overwatch 2 Season 3 is the the first big seasonal release of 2023, so let's run through the expected release...
Dr Disrespect reveals frustrating Warzone 2 issue that nobody is talking about
Warzone 2 streamer Dr Disrespect has a highlighted a major issue that nobody talks about which he hopes Season 2...