Vanguard’s developers Sledgehammer Games released a patch on January 20 that’s sought to nerf shotguns, adjust the Fortified Perk, and fixed a bug involving Killstreaks.
Vanguard players have been frustrated with the state of the game for some time now with various bugs and glitches hindering the Multiplayer fun. Thankfully, Sledgehammer Games has released a significant update on January 20 addressing widespread issues.
Here’s everything you need to know about Vanguard’s January 20 update.
Vanguard’s Double Barrel Shotgun nerf
Vanguard players will be pleased to hear that the Double Barrel Shotgun has finally received a much-needed nerf. Thanks to the Akimbo attachment, the Double Barrel Shotgun has been a nightmare to deal with, especially on small maps.
- Read more: Best CoD: Vanguard SMG loadouts: Ranked list
For months, these Shotguns have tormented Vanguard players with their incredible damage output and incredible damage range. The update has nerfed the damage from the Akimbo Double Barrel Shotgun and the range from the Buck and Slug attachment.
Vanguard January 20 update patch notes
- Longshots now count when achieved through Incendiary Round’s damage over time
- When previewing the Welgun after unlocking Challenges in Multiplayer, the Welgun is no longer missing challenge details
- Corrected unintended behavior with Buck and Slug, which resulted in players getting headshot bonuses when shooting limbs
- Players with the Fortified Perk are no longer immune to any fire damage including Flamenaut and Incendiary Grenade
- Fixed an issue where some players would not retain their Killstreaks in between rounds
- Users can no longer gain infinite ammo with a Killstreak bug exploit
- ShotgunsAkimbo Double Barrel Shotgun
- Damage has been reduced
- Buck and Slug range has been reduced
Adjusted CDL Recipes with the following:
- Match start timer is now 30 seconds
- Removed FMJ from Restricted List
- Respawn Delay Timer set to 3.5 seconds
- Suicide Respawn Delay Timer set to 4.5 seconds
- Added Incendiary Grenades to Restricted List
- Added Bombing Run to Restricted List
- All Killstreaks, except Artillery Strike and Cruise Missile, are restricted and not able to be used while in Ranked matches
- Addressed an issue that could occasionally prevent the player’s Artifact from working properly after using a Self-Revive.
- Addressed an issue where Support weapons could provide infinite ammo.
Source: Sledgehammer Games
Image Credit: Activision
Modern Warfare 2 wallhack trick proves live pings are completely broken
A clever Modern Warfare 2 player turned the live ping system into free wall hacks, proving that the feature is...
How to sign up for EA’s Skate playtest
Here's how you can sign up to EA's highly anticipated Skate reboot playtest and beta phase so that you can...
FIFA 23 Ligue 1 Player of the Month: November & December POTM winner & SBC requirements
The winner for FIFA 23’s Ligue 1 November & December Player of the Month has been announced and here’s how...