Queen Walk guide in Clash of Clans: How to use, Army combinations, more
Upgraded your Town Hall to level 9 and unlocked the Archer Queen? Learn how to Queen Walk and three-star opponent bases easily.
Queen Walk is a popular attack strategy among Clash of Clans players who’ve reached Town Hall 9 and above. From troop requirements to the proper placement of the Archer Queen, here’s everything about the Queen Walk in Clash of Clans.
Clash of Clans has been around for over a decade and is still one of the most-played mobile games in the world. You can now upgrade your Town Hall to level 15 and make use of countless mechanics that have been introduced over the past ten years.
While Clash of Clans players love switching to new attack strategies as they progress, Queen Walk has been a popular choice for years. Even today, this is a strategy that can help you get guaranteed stars, and mastering it gives an edge to anyone who’s above Town Hall 9.
This guide will explain everything you need to know about the Queen Walk/ Queen Charge attack in Clash of Clans.
- What is Queen Walk in Clash of Clans?
- What level should be your Archer Queen for a successful Queen Walk in Clash of Clans
- How many healers are required for a Queen Walk in Clash of Clans
- Troops required to do the Queen Walk in Clash of Clans
- How to perform the Queen Walk in Clash of Clans
- Which buildings to prioritize with a Queen Walk in Clash of Clans
What is Queen Walk in Clash of Clans?
Queen Walk attack in Clash of Clans is placing your Archer Queen outside the walls and assigning 4-5 healers to her. This should make your queen practically invincible and you should be able to get at least one star out of it.
Queen Walk is a pre-attack strategy that is used to clear out the exterior of a base and make a path for the main army. An ideal Queen Walk attack in Clash of Clans should last around 60-90 seconds before you deploy the remaining troops and till this time, at least 25-30% of the base should be destructed.
When used to clear out the unprotected structures outside a base, this attack is called a Queen Walk. However, when used to clear the defenses and structures inside the base, this attack is called a Queen Charge.
What level should be your Archer Queen for a successful Queen Walk in Clash of Clans
As per prominent YouTuber Judo Sloth Gaming, you should have your Archer Queen upgraded to these levels for an effective Queen Walk attack:
- Level 20 Archer Queen to attack a maxed-out Town Hall 9 base.
- Level 30 Archer Queen to attack a maxed-out Town Hall 10 base.
- Level 40 Archer Queen to attack a maxed-out Town Hall 11 base.
- Level 50 Archer Queen to attack a maxed-out Town Hall 12 base.
- Level 65 Archer Queen to attack a maxed-out Town Hall 13 base.
How many healers are required for a Queen Walk in Clash of Clans
You should place a maximum of five healers behind an Archer Queen for a successful Queen Walk in Clash of Clans. This is because the effectiveness of Healers decreases when they’re healing the same target.
- Read More: Clash of Clans Super Troops guide
Statistically, this is how it works in the game:
|Total number of healers||Effectiveness of additional healer||Overall healing efficiency|
It is clear from the chart that a sixth Healer will significantly affect the overall healing efficiency and will be a waste of Elixir. Hence, train a maximum of 4-5 troops for a Queen Walk in Clash of Clans.
Troops required to do the Queen Walk in Clash of Clans
Train these troops and prepare these spells for a successful Queen Walk in Clash of Clans:
- Archer Queen
- 5 Healers
- 5-6 Wall Breakers or Super Wall Breakers if you want the Queen to penetrate the base.
- Rage Spell
- 1-2 air units like Balloon or Baby Dragon
How to perform the Queen Walk in Clash of Clans
Follow these steps to successfully perform a Queen Walk in Clash of Clans:
- Bring the Clan Castle troops out with a Hog Rider or a balloon and clear them out. If you’re unable to do this, have a Poison spell to take them out.
- Choose an area that you want the Archer Queen to clear and this should also be the location from which the rest of your army enters the base. Avoid placing her on edges and instead, try initiating the attack from the middle of one of the sides.
- Deploy the Archer Queen and all the healers. Place an aerial unit like the Baby Dragon or a Balloon with her as it will help set off Air Mines that can instantly take out the Healers.
- To funnel, place aerial troops around the Archer Queen on both sides. This way, the queen will focus on the middle and create a path for the rest of the team.
- Once the Archer Queen is near a wall, use one Wall Breaker to check for traps. Thereafter, use the rest to break the Wall and turn the Queen Walk into a Queen Charge. Jump Spell and Earthquake Spells are alternatives to this. You can use the latter to break walls and an Inferno Tower if there’s one nearby.
- Once the Archer Queen has reached the middle, use the Rage Spell on her and the Healers for maximum benefit. This is crucial when multiple defenses are targeting the queen.
- A Freeze spell is quite helpful while countering Inferno Towers and the opponent’s Archer Queen.
Avoid placing troops alongside the Archer Queen for this attack as this can distract the healers and they might stop healing her.
- Read More: Best Town Hall 11 attacks in Clash of Clans
In this image, we can see how all the healers are ignoring the Archer Queen and healing a Wizard:
Which buildings to prioritize with a Queen Walk in Clash of Clans
While every base in Clash of Clans is unique, you should focus on clearing these buildings with the Queen Walk at different Town Hall levels:
- Town Hall 9 – Opponent’s Archer Queen > Clan Castle > Wizard Tower.
- Town Hall 10 – Archer Queen > Clan Castle > Inferno Tower > X-Bow
- Town Hall 11 – Eagle Artillery > Archer Queen > Clan Castle > Inferno Tower > X-Bow
- Town Hall 12 – Town Hall (Giga Tesla) > Eagle Artillery > Archer Queen > Clan Castle > Inferno Tower
- Town Hall 13 – Town Hall (Giga Inferno) > Scattershot > Eagle Artillery and so on..
Well, this was everything to know about the Queen Walk/Queen Charge in Clash of Clans. For more content on the hit strategy game, check out how to change Home Village Scenery, how to get six builders, and the best Pets in the game.
Image Credits: Supercell / Reddit
All Pokemon that evolve by trading in Pokemon Go
Here's a list of all the Pokemon that evolve by trading in Pokemon Go alongside a step-by-step guide on how...
Who is the most popular Apex Legends character? Season 16 pick rates
Apex Legends Season 16 is here, so for those wondering who's been dominating the season in Respawn's battle royale, here...
When is the next Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 Double XP event?
We have the dates and times for the next Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 Double XP event to help...