Dead by Daylight offers a great 4vs1 multiplayer experience that is even better if you play with friends. Find out if the game allows you to team up with players on different platforms through crossplay with our handy guide.
Dead by Daylight has a massive community across a wide range of platforms such as PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X/S, iOS, Android, PC, and Xbox One. There’s a high possibility that you and your friends play the game but on different platforms, and crossplay is a feature that lets you play together regardless.
Here’s how crossplay functions in Dead by Daylight and how you can make friends on different platforms.
- Does Dead by Daylight support crossplay?
- How to add friends in Dead by Daylight on Xbox, PlayStation or PC
- Is Dead by Daylight crossplay on mobile?
Does Dead by Daylight support crossplay?
Yes, Dead by Daylight supports crossplay. The developers added the feature in August 2020 and here’s how you can enable it:
- Launch Dead by Daylight and click on the wheel icon named Options located at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Online and then find a setting named ‘Crossplay‘.
- This setting should be enabled by default, but in case it isn’t, select it.
Now, you’ll be able to play and match with literally every other Dead by Daylight player regardless of their platform. It certainly helps in faster matchmaking.
Unlike several multiplayer titles, crossplay in Dead by Daylight isn’t unfair. A Keyboard and Mouse setup can be better as a killer owing to faster reaction time. However, as a survivor, you can rely on a controller.
How to add friends in Dead by Daylight on Xbox, PlayStation, or PC
- Launch DBD and click on any of the + icons beside your character or click on the Friends icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- A menu will pop up that shows your Friends and Requests. Search for a Friend through the search option on the top right of this menu.
- Enter a friend’s ID which is their name, a hashtag (#), and a random combination of numbers and letters. The number and letters are located under a player’s name at the top left corner of the screen.
- Search for the friend through their ID and click on the Invite a Friend option.
Is Dead by Daylight crossplay on mobile?
No, Dead by Daylight mobile does not support crossplay. This means mobile (Android and iOS) players cannot play with PC and console users. However, the game does allow iOS and Android users to team up.
Crossplay has now become a norm in multiplayer games. FIFA 23 recently became the first title in the franchise to offer crossplay, but there’s a catch. Read here to know more about the cross-platform in FIFA 23.
Image Credits: Behaviour Interactive
Best Lockwood MK2 loadout for Warzone 2 Season 1 Reloaded
Here are the attachments, Perks, and equipment you need to create the best Lockwood MK2 loadout in Warzone 2 Season...
Overwatch 2 Season 3: Release date, new Antarctic Peninsula map, Ranked changes, Credits return
Overwatch 2 Season 3 is the the first big seasonal release of 2023, so let's run through the expected release...
Dr Disrespect reveals frustrating Warzone 2 issue that nobody is talking about
Warzone 2 streamer Dr Disrespect has a highlighted a major issue that nobody talks about which he hopes Season 2...