Following the first completion of the Deep Stone Crypt raid in Beyond Light, Destiny 2 players can now get their hands on The Lament exotic sword. Here’s how you can add it to your inventory.
Destiny 2’s Beyond Light expansion has officially opened, with Deep Stone Crypt kicking off on November 21. Players took the opportunity to collect powerful new gear, and complete every task in order to find what the raid was hiding within.
With new activities unlocked after the raid completion, the exotic sword known as The Lament can now be obtained by players. Swords have proven to be extremely powerful in combat in recent seasons, so if you’re looking to give yourself an advantage, here is everything you need to know about this exotic weapon.
The Lament sword perks
The Lament is a solar sword that has many perks to give it a boost above other melee weapons. The Banshee’s Wail perk makes this a truly formidable weapon, allowing users to create revved attacks that deal even more damage.
There are five total perks on The Lament, which are:
- Jagged Edge: Damage boost but with less sword ammo
- Revved Consumption: Heals the user after dealing damage to a foe
- Enduring Guard: Guard has maximum efficiency and high endurance at the cost of low resistance
- Tireless Blade: Every other powered kill gives you ammo
- Banshee’s Wail: Revs up sword blade damage that stacks up after dealing damage with revved attacks. Also boosts shield bypass and adds shield piercing.
How to unlock The Lament sword
After the completion of the Deep Stone Crypt, an 11-step questline called ‘Lost Lament’ becomes available. You will get a notification about it after logging in to Destiny 2: Beyond Light. You don’t need to complete the raid yourself in order to do the quest.
Here is how you can complete the Lost Lament exotic quest:
- Visit the tower and talk to Banshee-44 in order to unlock the Lost Lament exotic quest
- Find and scan 3 dead Exos on Europa. You can find them:
- At the center of Cadmus Ridge
- In the front left corner of the boss area in the Perdition Lost Sector Ridge.
- By an ice formation on the right-hand side of the Asterion Abyss
- Locate the Destiny 2 Giant Exo in the Exo facility
- Talk with Clovis Bray at the Exo facility on Europa and you will have to prove yourself to him.
- Kill 100 Vex with Swords
- Kill a total of 20 enemies that are either Minotaurs, Hydras, or Cyclopes.
- Go to commander Zavala and Variks and complete the quests you get form them if you haven’t already. You need to have completed the Beyond Light campaign as well as the following quests:
- “Reclaiming Europa”
- “Empire’s Fall”
- “The Dark Priestess”
- Complete and Exo Challenge on your map
- Defeat 60 Vex with finishers
- Complete The Glassway” strike and take down the Harpy to collect blade pieces
- Return to the Tower and talk to Banshee-44 about the broken blade
- Head to Eventide Ruins and explore the Bunker E15 Lost Sector
- Complete the mission “Reforging the Past” to get the Lament exotic sword
- Speak with Banshee-44 back at the tower
The Lament exotic sword will become unlocked after these steps, and you can access it from your inventory.
Although these steps seem like they could take a while, some of the tasks required to unlock The Lament are actually available during your playthrough, so you may find you have ticked some off before you even start your quest.
How to get Messi, Pogba & Neymar Jr skins in Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2
Neymar Jr., Messi, and Pogba will arrive in MW2 and Warzone 2 as Operators during the Modern Warfare FC event.
Who is the most popular Apex Legends character? Season 15 pick rates
Apex Legends Season 15 is here, but which Legends are dominating Season 15 of Respawn's battle royale so far?
Best SMGs in Modern Warfare 2: Every Submachine Gun ranked
If you're looking for the best SMGs to use in Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer, we've ranked every Submachine Gun from...