You can now complete Fortnite Covert Ops Quests in Zero Build mode, so here’s everything you need to know in order to complete them quickly and unlock the free Secret Sledge pickaxe.
Fortnite challenges provide players with the opportunity to earn a ton of XP while unlocking brand-new cosmetic items, and Chapter 3, Season 2 features Resistance Quests as well as Lantern Trials to complete.
Now, Epic Games have now added more challenges with the Covert Ops Quests that you can complete in order to unlock the Secret Sledge pickaxe for free. We’ll go over everything you need to know about them.
How to complete Fortnite Covert Ops Quests
Every phase of the Fortnite Covert Ops Quest remains available for a duration of two or four days before the next one begins. We’ll go over each Quest that you have to complete along with their release dates.
Covert Ops Quest 1
- Establish a Device Uplink at Logjam Lumberyard, Sleepy Sound, Tilted Towers, Sanctuary, Greasy Grove, or Condo Canyon
- Eliminate players in Zero Build (10)
Quest 1 went live on April 22 at 9 am ET and will continue until April 26 at 9 am ET.
Covert Ops Quest 2
- Establish a Device Uplink in Zero Build at an IO Outpost
- Collect compromised Intel from IO Outposts in Zero Build (1)
Quest 2 will go live on April 26 at 9 am ET and continue until April 28 at 9 am ET.
Covert Ops Quest 3
- Establish a Device Uplink in Zero Build at Tilted Towers, The Daily Bugle, Rocky Reels, Condo Canyon, or Coney Crossroads
- Destroy Structures with a Tank in Zero Builds (300)
Quest 3 will go live on April 28 at 9 am ET and continue until April 30 at 9 am ET.
Covert Ops Quest 4
- Establish a Device Uplink in Zero Build at Tilted Towers, Rocky Reels, Command Cavern, or The Fortress
- Plant timed explosives at an IO Airship, Command Caven, or The Fortress in Zero Build (1)
Quest 4 will go live on April 30 at 9 am ET and continue until May 2 at 9 am ET.
How to earn the free Secret Sledge pickaxe in Fortnite
You can unlock the free Secret Sledge pickaxe by completing all four Covert Ops Quests. You won’t be able to access the final phase of these Quests without completing the previous three, so be sure to tackle them all before they expire.
This Secret Sledge Pickaxe will become unlocked after you’ve completed Quest 4. If you don’t see it in your locker right away, then you might have to wait until the event comes to an end on May 2.
Image Credits: Epic Games
What is Warzone Cup LTM in Warzone 2?
Here's what you need to know about the upcoming Warzone Cup LTM that is set to hit Warzone 2 with...
How to unlock every Operator in Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2.0: Season 1 Reloaded’s Gaz & Klaus
Here's how to unlock every Operator from the SpecGru faction and KorTac faction in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.0.
All FIFA 23 World Cup Icon ratings & how to get them in Ultimate Team
World Cup Icons have made their way to FIFA 23 as boosted versions of their standard Ultimate Team cards. Here's...