Black Ops Cold War’s newest Zombies map, Firebase Z, introduces a new setting, a new story, and a new weapon. We’ve put together a quick guide on how you can wield the RAI K-84 in no time at all.
The mysteries and horrors of Die Maschine will forever remain in Black Ops Cold War. However, it’s time for some new undead-killing action with the game’s latest Zombies map – Firebase Z.
One of the map’s biggest additions is its new RAI K-84 Wonder Weapon. As with everything in a game of Zombies mode, there are specific tasks you need to do to unlock certain things, and here’s how you can unlock the RAI K-84 for use.
Where to find the RAI K-84 in Firebase Z
In order to be able to survive as long as you can in Firebase Z, you’re going to need some pretty potent weaponry. There’s the usual array of Black Ops Cold War default weapons and the almighty Ray Gun that everyone so desperately wants.
But the gameplay trailer for Firebase Z revealed an interesting new weapon called the RAI K-84. Getting a hold of it is a lot more simple than you might think too.
In order to get your hands on the RAI K-84, players will need to do one of the following:
- Obtain it from the Mystery Box
- Build it using its blueprint
Getting the RAI K-84 from the Mystery Box
If you’re unaware, the Mystery Box costs $950 to use. Once you’ve paid the fee, then it will begin an RNG process of running through the game’s whole collection of weapons. After several seconds, you will be presented with whichever weapon the game has randomly decided for you.
It could be a weak pistol, the elusive Ray Gun, or it could indeed be the new RAI K-84. If you’re struggling to find the Mystery Box, then keep a lookout on your minimap for its symbol, or memorize its locations that are usually designated with a recurring symbol or object.
Building the RAI K-84 using its Blueprint
If you’re not content with leaving your procurement up to chance, then manually creating the RAI K-84 could be the better option.
In order to do so, follow these simple steps:
- Ensure sure three power generators are all turned on
- Go to the Weapons Lab
- Pick up the Blueprint from the wall
- Make your way to the Scorched Defense area and find the incinerated body next to the tank
- Trigger the command to pull its eye out
- Head back to the Weapons Lab and plus the eye into the computer’s Retina Scanner
- Take the key from the now unlocked drawer next to the computer
- Now go to the Barracks area and unlock all the lockers using the key
- An artifact will be revealed and several Mimics will spawn
- Kill the Mimics and pick up the Barrel
- Keep killing Mangle’s until one of them drops the Magazine
- Place it on the table in the Weapons Lab with the big bomb on it, wait a few seconds, it should charge, and then you can pick it up again
- Go to the computer, activate it, and it will begin a sequence telling you which parts of the Village Mess Hall’s dartboard you’ll need to shoot
- Shoot the three in order, then shoot the bull’s eye, and then pick up the Converter
- Finally, head back to the Weapons Lab table and assemble the RAI K-84
You’ll have to decide how much you want to try out the new gun as at the end of the day, the Mystery Box is a calculated gamble. Wh A few attempts here and there will rack up a huge bill that will waste away money that could’ve been better spent on a life-saving perk such as the new Tombstone Zombies Perk.
Whereas the building method requires a lot of time and moving around. Rounds will be piling up and you’ll still need to Pack-A-Punch the gun as well.
So make sure you weigh up your options first!
Image credits: Treyarch
Where to find safes in Fortnite: All locations & how to open
Here are all the safe locations in Fortnite that you can visit if you're looking to collect a ton of...
Overwatch 2 Winter Wonderland 2022: Start date, Christmas skins, more
Blizzrad have announced that Overwatch 2 Winter Wonderland 2022 will arrive this Christmas, so here's everything we know so far.
Crazy Warzone 2 glitch is giving players free invincibility hacks
Warzone 2 players are becoming invincible to enemy damage thanks to a bizzare glitch that's practically a cheat.