Fishing is one of the many cool things in Black Ops Cold War Season 4’s Outbreak mode. Our guide will show you how to fish, where to fish, and what rewards you can get for doing so.
The last few years of video games have seen a bizarre influx of fishing mini-games, and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is not the obvious choice for fishing. Yet, the game’s fresh Outbreak mode welcomed it in the Season 3 Reloaded update.
To help you get more from Outbreak, or just offer a handy distraction from Mimics and Demented Echoes, we’ve put together a handy little guide to find the fishing mini-game, and what it involves.
Where you can find fishing in Cold War Outbreak Zombies?
Unlike the game mode’s other side activities e.g the dragon, fishing isn’t as well signposted. The good news is that it isn’t actually too hard to find.
We’ve found that two of Cold War’s maps have more fishing opportunities for you to take advantage of: Golova and Sanatorium.
What you’ll want to do is:
- Bring up your map
- Look for areas on the map that are surrounded by a large body of water
- Make your way to these areas, and keep your eyes fixed on your mini-map, or use a scoped weapon
- You’ll want to look out for a symbol on the radar that resembles a fishing rod
- Head to the symbol and you’ll come to a lifeless Zombie wearing a fishing hat, next to a tackle box, still clutching their rod
How to fish in Black Ops Cold War Outbreak Zombies
There’s nothing difficult involved here to actually perform the act of fishing in Cold War’s Outbreak game mode.
- Read More: Cold War Season 4 Reloaded Zombies changes
Here’s what you’ll need to do to fish:
- Approach the Zombie’s body and you will receive a prompt to ‘Cast Line’
- Press the action button to do so and your character will transition to a third-person perspective, and begin fishing
- You’ll have a new message telling you how to ‘Reel in’, and you will need to do so when some movement occurs at the end of your line
- When you see the bobber become submerged, or feel your controller rumble, this is when you need to press the action button to bring the rod back in
- Await the reward for your time and efforts
What rewards can I get from fishing in Cold War Outbreak Zombies?
Whilst it is fun to take a break from the endless hoards of unrelenting mobs, you need to know that your efforts are being acknowledged.
Thankfully, they will be as there are various items you can pull out of the water.
- Wonder Weapons
Don’t be fooled by the shoes though, if you happen to drag one out from the depths, then you’ve actually caught a Mimic that you’ll now have to fight, so be careful!
Also, check out how long will it take to reach Max Level in Black Ops Cold War.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
FIFA 23 World Cup Path to Glory upgrade tracker
FIFA 23 Ultimate Team players can use our World Cup Path to Glory tracker to find out which cards from...
Best guns in Modern Warfare 2 Season 1: Every weapon ranked
Modern Warfare 2 brings over 50 weapons, so we've ranked every one from best to worst and counted down the...
How to get Kingambit in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet trainers will need to evolve their Bisharp to obtain a Kingambit, so here’s how it’s done.