UFOs are now fully interactable vehicles in Fortnite Season 7, and we’ve put together a quick guide to help you pilot one on the way to a Victory Royale!
A dramatic and spectacular live event video ended Fornite Season 6 and ushered in the much-anticipated seventh season of Epic Games’ battle royale phenomenon. We had already been teased with leaks and promotional material that aliens were on their way to Fortnite, and this has proved to be the case.
Where are UFOs in Fortnite Season 7?
First things first, we need to actually track down one of these mysterious new UFOs before we can pilot one in Fortnite.
- Read More: All Fortnite Season 7 map changes & new POIs
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Enter into a game of Fortnite
- Land at one of the map’s POIs that is flashing purple
- Head to one of the UFOs flying above
- Your best bet is to let it abduct you, and as you’re being carted away, shoot at where it says “Trespasser” as the pilot will be around there
- Keep shooting the pilot until the UFO falls to the ground
- Shoot the pilot that’s jumped out of the ship until they are dead
- Hop into the ship
How to fly the UFO in Fortnite Season 7
Now that you’ve been able to get a hold of the pesky alien’s ship, it’s time to go and have some fun around Fortnite Island.
As with everything nice in the world, the UFO does come with some drawbacks. Firstly, the UFO operates on a battery, meaning you only have a limited amount of time with the ship. Secondly, as with any other vehicle or ridable, the UFO is susceptible to damage, so receive enough damage and your UFO will be destroyed.
Here’s how you can drive a UFO, using console controls:
- Left Trigger / L2: Descend
- Right Trigger / L2: Ascend
- Left button / L1: Activates the tractor beam
- Right Button / R1: Fires beam gun
- B / Circle: Boost
- Right Stick: Switch Seat
- X / Square: Exit
Fortnite Season 7 UFO tips
Now that we have possession of a UFO and also know the controls to operate our flying friend, it’s time to shed some light on the inner workings of the UFO.
These are vital details you need to know before flying a UFO:
- There are 9 total UFOs
- The UFO has 600 health
- You can reboot an ally using a UFO and it takes 10 seconds
- An exploding UFO will cause 70 damage to players and will do 500 damage to builds
- Each UFO has two lives, once a UFO is downed, it will regenerate its health until its lives are gone
- The tractor beam can suck up vehicles, building parts, NPCs, and players, but you can be shot doing this
And there you go, a handy to getting yourself a UFO, and how to use Fortnite Season 7’s big, shiny new toy.
Image Credit: Epic Games
Modern Warfare 2 devs confirm fan-favorite party mode to debut in Season 2
The Call of Duty team finally revealed that Infected is coming to Modern Warfare 2 with the Season 2 update.
FIFA 23 Future Stars Token Swaps explained
The classic Future Stars promo has arrived in FIFA 23 and it brought the fan favorite Token Swaps program to...
Who is the most popular Apex Legends character? Season 15 pick rates
Apex Legends Season 15 is in full swing, but which Legends are dominating Season 15 of Respawn's battle royale so...