The next-gen version of Apex Legends is finally here for those on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. Downloading the new version is simple and we’re here to take you through the steps.
Apex Legends players have been waiting some time for the next-gen version to be released, and finally, after countless rumors about its release date, it dropped with the Warrior’s Collection Event on March 29, 2022.
The new version of Respawn’s battle royale game offers loads of new benefits, so let’s get into how you can download it and also the upgraded features it possesses.
- How to download next-gen Apex Legends on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S
- Apex Legends PS5 download
- Apex Legends Xbox Series X/S download
How to download next-gen Apex Legends on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S
Thanks to the Warriors Collection Event patch notes, we have official information on how to download the next-gen versions of Apex Legends, which go live on March 29, 2022.
Apex Legends PS5 download
For those with Apex Legends already installed:
- Navigate to the Game Hub for Apex Legends on the PS5 dashboard.
- Press the “Options” button next to “Play Game” (represented by “…” inside the Game Hub).
- Press “Select Version” and choose the PS5 version to download the updated next-gen version.
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the Game Library to delete the PS4 version.
For those who don’t have Apex Legends installed:
- Navigate to the “Your Collection” tab of the Game Library on the PS5 dashboard.
- Find Apex Legends in your list of games and select it.
- When prompted, choose the PS5 version to download the updated next-gen version.
Apex Legends Xbox Series X/S download
As for the next-gen version of the game for Xbox, Apex Legends uses Smart Delivery on Xbox consoles.
The best version of the game is automatically delivered to your console, regardless of generation – no extra steps are required from you.
Well there you have it, that’s how you can download the new next-gen version of Apex Legends on both the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.
For more on Apex Legends, check out the new leaks that suggest Skull Town’s return to the game in the future.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Best Lockwood MK2 loadout for Warzone 2 Season 1 Reloaded
Here are the attachments, Perks, and equipment you need to create the best Lockwood MK2 loadout in Warzone 2 Season...
Overwatch 2 Season 3: Release date, new Antarctic Peninsula map, Ranked changes, Credits return
Overwatch 2 Season 3 is the the first big seasonal release of 2023, so let's run through the expected release...
Dr Disrespect reveals frustrating Warzone 2 issue that nobody is talking about
Warzone 2 streamer Dr Disrespect has a highlighted a major issue that nobody talks about which he hopes Season 2...