Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 4 is finally upon us, giving Zombies fans another easter egg to get to grips with in Outbreak.
After players completed the first easter egg, Treyarch has decided to follow up on that, with this second quest leading up to the new classic survival map, Mauer der Toten, and serving as a prologue to the new map’s story.
Just yesterday, Treyarch tweeted that the Outbreak Excision quest was live in Black Ops Cold War Season 4, and just like always, the dedicated Zombies community was straight on it.
Less than 24 hours later, players had already completed the easter egg, gaining access to the cut scene, which, of course, progressed the Cold War Zombies storyline further towards Mauer der Toten.
Cold War Zombies Outbreak easter egg
According to popular Zombies content creator, MrRoflWaffles, this second Outbreak easter egg is “much more straightforward” than the first and “doesn’t end in a boss fight,” so let’s get into the steps.
- Get to world tier 3.
- Once there, find a red portal that spawns in various locations:
- Ruka: Far left side of the map in the little house
- Alpine: Bottom of the map just underneath a small cliffside
- Duga: Top side of the map, down in the bunker where the crafting bench is
- Zoo: Bottom right of the map in a small hole inside the big animal enclosure
- Golova: Bottom of the map, inside the Church, climb up the ladder, and it is in a room on the top floor
- When you find it, jump into it, and you will be teleported above the map, where you will have to spot another red portal to dive into. You will need to repeat this three times.
- On the third, you will be teleported above the map again, but this time an item will spawn with you. Follow it and pick it up.
- Finish your main quest objective on world tier 3 and go to where the anomaly has spawned in and spawn in the beacon.
- Use the beacon to speak to Ravenov, then use the beacon again to teleport to Sanitorium.
- Once you are there, run over to the bottom left crash site, clear out the zombies, then interact with the radio hanging out the chopper.
- You then need to find the Aethereal Orb around the map, which you can find by listening to the audio.
- Once you find it, shoot it in the direction of the bridge on the map. Keep doing so until it stops on the bridge.
- You then need to find a bunny toy that is found in an inactive, broken mystery box. Once you find it, interact with it and take down the zombies that will spawn. It will return to the ground after you defend it. Pick it up and place it on the buggy that the orb stopped at on the bridge.
- You will then begin an escort step, where everyone in the game will have to walk with it and protect it. Escort it until it stops, and the zombies disappear, run into the building in front of where it stopped, and interact with the radio inside.
- This will activate an exfil, run over to it, complete it, but there will be an Orda boss in the way.
- Once completed, hop on the helicopter, and that’s it. Quest complete!
The Operation Excision Cold War Outbreak Zombies Easter Egg continues the story developed in the first quest for the popular Zombies game mode that was added to the first-person shooter in Season 3.
There is no doubt that the community is now more excited than ever to jump into Mauer der Toten in July and see where the Cold War Outbreak Zombies Easter Egg story continues.
Image Credits: Activision / Treyarch
Modern Warfare 2 wallhack trick proves live pings are completely broken
A clever Modern Warfare 2 player turned the live ping system into free wall hacks, proving that the feature is...
How to sign up for EA’s Skate playtest
Here's how you can sign up to EA's highly anticipated Skate reboot playtest and beta phase so that you can...
FIFA 23 Ligue 1 Player of the Month: November & December POTM winner & SBC requirements
The winner for FIFA 23’s Ligue 1 November & December Player of the Month has been announced and here’s how...