Activision lets you change your Call of Duty username free of charge, so here’s you can change your display name in Warzone, Vanguard, and Black Ops Cold War.
Changing your display name on services like PS Plus and Xbox Live can sometimes be costly, but in Call of Duty, you can change your name as many times as you like.
Your Activision ID will be your username followed by a hash mark (#) and a series of numbers. This means you can set your name to be whatever you like without having to worry if the name is already taken.
The best news of all is that Activision allows you to change your name free of charge, offering a ‘name change ticket’ every six months, with players able to carry two in their account at any one time.
So, if you’re ready to give your account a makeover and use a new name, here are all the steps you need to take to do so.
- How to change the CoD username in-game
- How to change your CoD username online
- How to report offensive Warzone usernames
How to change your Call of Duty username in-game
If you’d like to change your Call of Duty username for Vanguard, Warzone, and Black Ops Cold War in-game, there’s a simple way to do it.
- Read more: Best PC Settings for Call of Duty: Warzone
To change your Call of Duty username in-game:
- Launch Call of Duty: Warzone or Black Ops Cold War
- Press ‘Options’ on the home screen
- Navigate over to ‘Account’
- Select ‘Activision Account’
- Hit ‘Change Display Name’
- Enter your new username and hit ‘Confirm’
How to change your Activision username online
You can also change your Call of Duty username online, so here’s how:
- Sign in to your Activision Account
- Hover over your username in the top right corner
- Click on ‘Basic Info’
- Select ‘Edit’ beside your Activision ID
- Type in your new username
- Hit ‘Save’
How to report offensive Call of Duty usernames
While Activision automatically blocks offensive usernames, players can sometimes get past this by using special characters or abbreviations. If you spot an offensive username in-game, Activision lets you report them.
To report a players username or Clan Tag:
- Press ‘Y’ on Xbox or ‘△’ PlayStation to open the Social tab / select the Social tab on PC
- Select ‘Recent Players’
- Highlight the player you wish to report and select them
- Hit ‘Report Player’
- Select either ‘Report Username’ or ‘Report Clan Tag’
That’s everything you need to know about changing your Call of Duty username – you’ll only get a new ticket every six months so choose your name wisely!
Image Credit: Activision
FIFA 23 World Cup Path to Glory upgrade tracker
FIFA 23 Ultimate Team players can use our World Cup Path to Glory tracker to find out which cards from...
How to get Ability Patch item in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Here's how to get the extremely useful Ability Patch item in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, as well as what it...
Is Izuku Midoriya coming to Fortnite Chapter 4? Deku expected release date
Fortnite teased My Hero Academia character Izuku Midoriya in the Chapter 4 trailer, leaving players speculating about his arrival.