Grand Theft Auto players can customize their rides in many ways, and one of them is to change their license plate. Here’s how to get unique plates in GTA Online.
With GTA Online being out for almost eight years, players have accumulated a ton of unique and powerful vehicles. Even more vehicles arrived in the Los Santos Tuners update, and you can always take a spin at the weekly Prize Ride.
With all of your cars in your collection, you want to personalize them and make them your own. One way to do this is to equip a personalized license plate and this isn’t straightforward, so here’s how to do it.
How to change license plate in GTA Online
Where many players may become tripped up when trying to change their license plate is that you can’t actually do it inside of GTA itself. You’ll need to download an app and change it from there.
The first time you create a custom plate will be free, but you’ll be charged $100,000 for every new plate afterward.
Here’s how to change your license plate in GTA Online:
- Download the iFruit app on the App Store or Google Play Store
- Sign in with your Rockstar Social Club account
- Select the LS Custom app
- Scroll down until you see your GTA Online account
- Click on your desired vehicle
- Select the license plate in the top right corner
- Press ‘+’ to add a new plate
- Type in your new license plate (up to eight characters)
- Select the color
- Save the plate
- Launch GTA Online on your console or PC
- Drive the selected vehicle to a LS Custom Shop
- Accept the ‘Process App Order’ prompt
- Navigate to the ‘Plate’ category in the shop
- Select your new custom license plate
It’s worth noting that the iFruit app is now dated and may not work properly on your phone. Several players have reported that the app constantly crashes and there doesn’t appear to be a solution. Maybe Rockstar will give the app an overhaul with the upcoming Expanded and Enhanced Edition of GTA V.
For more GTA Online guides, check out how to complete the “Participate in Carnage” Daily Objective.
Image Credit: Rockstar Games / gta5-mods.com / GTA President via YouTube
Warzone 2 Birdeye Perk removed for balancing ahead of Season 2
Warzone 2's Birdseye Perk has been removed from the game, as the devs state that it needs to be balance...
Warzone 2 & Modern Warfare 2 January 30 update patch notes: Crash fixes, improvements, more
Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 have received a brand-new update for January 30, here's all of the patch notes.
FIFA 23 Future Stars Token Swaps explained
The classic Future Stars promo is rumored to hit FIFA 23 and bring the fan favorite Token Swaps program to...