Honkai Star Rail Jingliu: Leaks, trailer, abilities & more
A new Honkai Star Rail short film introduced players to Jingliu, a new character coming to HoYoverse’s RPG. Here’s everything we know about the character, including leaked abilities, expected release date, and more.
Honkai Star Rail players already have many different characters to try, but the new HoYoverse’s RPG is just starting. Future updates and events will bring many more powerful characters for players to try their luck with and a new trailer just introduced a new one.
Since various leaks indicate Jingliu is coming very soon to Honkai Star Rail, here’s everything we know about the character so far, including the expected release date and different abilities.
- Who is Jingliu in Honkai Star Rail?
- Jingliu Honkai Star Rail release date
- All Honkai Star Rail Jingliu abilities
- Jingliu trailer
Who is Jingliu in Honkai Star Rail?
According to leaks, Jingliu is a five-star playable character in Honkai Star Rail. She’ll be an Ice element character in the Path of The Destruction, meaning it will be a great asset to deal damage to many enemies at a time with AoE attacks.
As the latest Honkai Star Rail trailer shows, Jingliu was Jing Yuan’s master before being struck by Mara and driven into madness. She had to deal with her master and instructed Jing Yuan to be ready when and if the time came. It is yet unknown which version of Jingliu players will be able to play.
Jingliu Honkai Star Rail leaked release date
Leaks suggest Jingliu will arrive in Honkai Star Rail trial mode with the version 1.1 update that should come out around June 7, 2023. Players might have to wait longer to officially get Jingliu through the gacha system.
Jing Yuan will headline the next banner starting May 17, so it makes sense this new character arrives shortly after in some form.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
All Honkai Star Rail Jingliu abilities
Trusted leaker Mero shared Jingliu’s abilities on Twitter shortly after the latest Honkai Star Rail trailer was released. Below you’ll find all of Jingliu’s abilities in the game, but keep in mind that none of this information has been officially confirmed by HoYoverse yet.
- Feathered Frost (Basic attack) – Deals Ice DMG to a single enemy and gains two stacks of ‘New Moon.’
- Moonlit River (Skill) – Deals Ice DMG to one enemy and surrounding enemies. Consumes two stacks of ‘Moonlight.’
- Moonlit (Ultimate) – Deals Ice DMG to one enemy and surrounding enemies. If Jingliu is in the ‘Transcendence’ state, she gains two stacks of ‘Moonlight’ after attacking. If not, she gains two stacks of ‘New Moon.’
- Talent – With four stacks of ‘New Moon’, Jingliu enters the ‘Transcendence’ state and sacrifices the party’s HP to increase her ATK. During the ‘Transcendence’ state, ‘New Moon’ turns into ‘Moonlight’ and Jingliu obtains a new skill.
- Technique – Jingliu gains two stacks of ‘New Moon’ at the beginning of a battle.
From the leaks, we can tell Jingliu will be a very particular character, probably best suited for expert players. She will need a support character and a powerful healer due to her risky Ultimate but could be a dangerous ally. Players are already wondering about her stats to figure out if her skills are worth the sacrifice.
Honkai Star Rail Jingliu trailer
The above Honkai Star Rail trailer titled “A Flash” shows a few important moments in the game’s lore. One of them shows Jingliu teaching Jing Yuan when he’s young, while another shows and adult Jing Yuan instructing young Yanqing in the way of the sword.
The Cloud Knights and the Xianzhou Alliance play an important role in the second main adventure in Honkai Star Rail, with many powerful characters players want to add to their teams.
If you’re looking for more Honkai Star Rail content, make sure to check our other guides:
Honkai Star Rail characters tier list | How to unlock daily missions in Honkai Star Rail | Where to find Star Rail Administrative District treasure chests | How to complete the Honkai Star Rail The Adventurous Moles quest | How to complete the Honkai Star Rail To The Faint Star Quest | How to increase the Equilibrium Level in Honkai Star Rail | How to complete de Honkai Star Rail Out of Reach quest