Best Luka Honkai Star Rail build: Light Cone, Relics, teams, more
Honkai Star Rail added a bunch of new characters with its 1.2 update, so here’s how to build Luka in HoYoverse’s RPG with the best Light Cone, Relic set, and more.
The second phase of the Honkai Star Rail 1.2 banner is finally here featuring Kafka and other sought-after characters. This banner also introduces players to Luka, a new playable character teased by HoYoverse during the Summer Game Fest Opening Night event.
- Luka’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
- Best Relics for Luka in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Planar Ornament for Luka
- Best Light Cone for Luka in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Honkai Star Rail teams for Luka
Luka’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
Luka is a four-star Honkai Star Rail Physical element character in the Path of The Nihility, which means he specializes in debuffing and weakening enemies in battle. He’s currently boosted in the second phase of update 1.2 in Kafka’s banner.
Here are all of Luka’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail:
- Direct Punch (Basic attack) – Deals Physical DMG to a targeted enemy.
- Sky-Shatter Fist (Basic attack) – Consumes two stacks of Fighting Will and uses Direct Punch to deal three hits to a single enemy target. After that, uses Rising Uppercut to deal one hit with more Physical DMG to that same enemy.
- Lacerating Fist (Skill) – Deals Physical DMG to a single enemy with a 100% base chance to inflict Bleed, lasting for three turns. While Bleeding, enemies take 24% of their Max HP as Physical DoT at the start of each turn.
- Coup de Grâce (Ultimate) – Receives two stacks of Fighting Will, and increases a single enemy’s DMG received for three turns. Additionally, deals massive Physical DMG to the target.
- Flying Sparks (Talent) – After Luka uses Direct Punch or Lacerating Fist, he receives one stack of Fighting Will. When he has two or more stacks of Fighting Will, his Basic ATK is enhanced to Sky-Shatter Fist. When Luka hits a Bleeding enemy with his enhanced Basic Attack, the Bleed status will immediately deal DMG. At the start of the battle, Luka will possess one stack of Fighting Will and he can have up to four stacks.
- Anticipator (Technique) – Immediately attacks the enemy. Upon entering battle, Luka deals Physical DMG to a random single enemy with a 100% base chance to inflict Bleed on the target. Then, he gains one additional stack of Fighting Will.
Luka can be an interesting addition to your team. He can weaken enemies greatly thanks to his different abilities, but he can also inflict tons of damage in the process. This makes him a valuable asset in battle and also a great opener, thanks to his Anticipator Technique.
You’ll want to take advantage of his Effect Hit Rate and ATK so he can be even deadlier in battle. You can also aim to improve Luka’s SPD, CRIT DMG, and CRIT Rate to make him an unstoppable force that weakens enemies before his teammates land finishing blows. Enhancing his Break Effect can also prove to be very useful in battle.
Best Relics for Luka in Honkai Star Rail
Champion of Streetwise Boxing
- Two-piece bonus: Increases Physical DMG by 10%.
- Four-piece bonus: After the wearer attacks or is hit, their ATK increases by 5% for the rest of the battle. This effect can stack up to five times.
This is the go-to Relic Set for Physical element characters in Honkai Star Rail. While it’s not easy to get, it’s ideal for Luka since it improves his ATK and DMG. Champion of Streetwise Boxing might not be your first choice for a character in the Path of the Nihility, but Luka also specializes in dealing tons of damage, so it can be a great choice.
Thief of Shooting Meteor
- Two-piece bonus: Increases Break Effect by 16%.
- Four-piece bonus: Increases the wearer’s Break Effect by 16%. When the wearer inflicts Weakness Break on an enemy, regenerates 3 Energy.
The Thief of Shooting Meteor Relic set can also work very well with Luka. While it’s not a priority, increasing his Break Effect can help him do even more damage when he applies Bleed on enemies.
Musketeer of Wild Wheat
- Two-piece bonus: ATK increases by 10%.
- Four-piece bonus: The wearer’s SPD increases by 6% and Basic ATK DMG increases by 10%.
Musketeer of Wild Wheat is the easiest Relic set to get in the game and it’s all about making more damage. It’s the default Relic set for almost all characters, and in this case, it can improve some of Luka’s abilities while you look for the other sets.
Best Planar Ornament for Luka in Honkai Star Rail
Pan-Galactic Commercial Enterprise is the ideal Planar Ornament to improve Luka’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail. When you get the two-piece set, you can increase his Effect Hit Rate by 10%. At the same time, his ATK increases up to a maximum of 25%, which is also extremely helpful in battle.
Broken Keel can also be an interesting choice for Luka. This Planar Ornament increases his Effect RES by 10%, and when it reaches 30% or higher, it increases the CRIT DMG of all allies by 10%. This is useful not only to improve Luka’s stats and abilities, but also to make him an extremely useful ally in battle.
If you want Luka to deal more DMG in battle, you can also go for the Space Sealing Station Planar Ornament. It increases his ATK by 12%, and then by another 12% when his SPD reaches 120 or higher.
Celestial Differentiator, Inert Salsotto, and Rutilant Arena are also viable options if you’re looking to increase Luka’s CRIT DMG and CRIT Rate.
Best Light Cone for Luka in Honkai Star Rail
Resolution Shines As Pearls of Sweat
Luka debuts in Honkai Star Rail with his own signature Light Cone, Resolution Shines As Pearls of Sweat. With this Light Cone, when Luka hits an enemy, there is a chance to Ensnare the hit enemy as long as it wasn’t already Ensnared. Ensnared enemies’ DEF decreases for one turn. This means almost every attack by Luka has a chance of inflicting one or more effects on enemies.
In the Name of the World
Welt‘s signature five-star Light Cone can increase Luka’s DMG to debuffed enemies up to 40%. Additionally, when he uses his Skill, the Effect Hit Rate for this attack increases up to 30%, and his ATK increases up to 40%. Alternatively, the Good Night and Sleep Well Light Cone has a similar effect and it’s easier to get.
One of Silver Wolf’s Light Cones works great with characters in the Path of the Nihility. Incessant Rain can increase Luka’s Effect Hit Rate, and when he deals DMG to an enemy with three or more debuffs, it also increases his CRIT Rate. What’s more, after he uses one of his abilities in battle, it implants Aether Code on a random target. Enemies with Aether Code receive increased DMG for one turn.
Alternatively, Silver Wolf’s Before the Tutorial Mission Starts Light Cone can also enhance Luka’s capabilities by increasing his Effect Hit Rate.
Best Honkai Star Rail teams for Luka
While Luka can deal a lot of damage on his own, your Honkai Star Rail team should have a DPS character that focuses solely on dealing DMG. Additionally, you should also add a healer to your composition to keep everyone fighting for as long as they can. Lastly, you can choose to have a support character to buff allies or a shielder to keep everyone in one piece.
Starting with the healer, all available options can work great with Luka, so you can pick either Natasha, Luocha, or Bailu. You can also pick almost any DPS character for your team, but we recommend choosing between Yanqing, Sushang, or Serval. Lastly, you can round up your team with Gepard, Silver Wolf, or Fire Trailblazer.
And there you have it! You’re more than ready to use Luka to your advantage in Honkai Star Rail.
For more Honkai Star Rail content, you can check out some of our other guides:
Honkai Star Rail Out of Reach quest guide | Best Clara Honkai Star Rail build | Honkai Star Rail The Adventurous Moles quest guide | All Honkai Star Rail Administrative District Treasure Chest locations | Honkai Star Rail PC and mobile requirements | How to unlock daily missions in Honkai Star Rail | Honkai Star Rail 2023 player count | How to reroll in Honkai Star Rail | Best Welt Honkai Star Rail build