Halo Infinite June 14 update patch notes: Ranked Arena matchmaking, vehicle buffs, more
With Halo Infinite Season 2 in full swing, 343 Industries dropped the June 14 update to fix some of the season’s more pressing issues across multiplayer, campaign, and the game as a whole. Here are the full June 14 patch notes.
Although Halo Infinite was praised for its map design and gameplay at launch, many felt let down by the lack of new content across its first season. Five months later, 343 Industries dropped Season 2 which brought a brand-new Battle Pass, new maps, modes, and more.
Now, the latest Halo Infinite seeks to fix some of the issues plaguing Season 2 such as slow load times, stability, Ranked Arena matchmaking, and more.
Here’s everything in Halo Infinite’s June 14 update patch notes.
New Halo Infinite Ranked Area matchmaking restrictions
Like any free-to-play game, Halo Infinite suffers from hackers – especially in its Ranked Arena. The latest restrictions introduced in the June 14 update should deter cheaters from repeatedly making new accounts to ruin Ranked matches.
Previously, Halo players only needed to play 10 qualifier matches to join Ranked Arenas but now, players will need to complete 25 matches in other non-Ranked playlists. However, this won’t apply to those who have already completed 25 non-Ranked matches ahead of the update.
If you receive an “unknown error” message when searching for Ranked, simply download the June 14 update and try again.
Vehicles buffed in Halo Infinite June 14 update
Vehicles are a major part of Halo Infinite’s Big Team Battle mode, but the devs felt that light and medium vehicles such as the Banshee and Warthog weren’t sturdy enough.
- Read more: Everything we know about Starfield
Halo Infinite’s June 14 update has increased the durability of light and medium vehicles, so vehicles should have a much larger presence in BTB and larger maps.
Halo Infinite June 14 patch notes
- Season 2 artwork has been added to loading screens across the game.
- All changes to Target Frame Rate in the Settings tab are now reflected in-game for Xbox Series X and Series S users.
- Load times for the Battle Pass, Challenges, Customize and Shop menus have been improved.
- The volume of the Disruptor’s supercombine has been reduced when heard from a distance.
- When both Battle Pass and Event rewards are unlocked in the same match, all unlocked rewards will now appear in the same post-match notification menu. Additionally, these menus will now consistently show all unlocked items.
- Weapon racks and ammo crates in the Warship Gbraakon mission are now available consistently.
- Music now plays consistently in the mission Conservatory and in the main menu.
- The Ranked Arena matchmaking playlist is now unlocked by completing 25 matches in other non-Ranked playlists. This change will not apply to players who have already completed 25 non-Ranked matches prior to this update.
- Due to this change, some players on older versions of Halo Infinite will receive an “Unknown error” when searching in the Ranked Arena playlist. Download this Drop Pod update to continue playing Ranked Arena in matchmaking.
- A new Fireteam Competitive Skill Ranking (CSR) limit has been implemented for Ranked matchmaking. For more information, please see the Fireteam CSR Limit article.
- Xbox One stability has been improved to reduce instances of players not entering matchmaking sessions normally.
- Alterations have been made to increase the durability of light vehicles (Wasp, Banshee, Mongoose) and medium vehicles (Warthog, Chopper, Ghost, Shade). Please see Halo Infinite Weapon, Vehicle, and Equipment Inventory for more information.
- Unique icons have been added to the Custom Game menu to represent Land Grab and Last Spartan Standing modes.
- Grenades exploding, respawning, and other effects will no longer repeatedly occur during gameplay.
- Enemies can no longer be pinged when a wall or another obstacle is blocking them. A direct line of sight is now needed to ping an enemy’s location.
- Various issues tied to the User Interface (UI) Narration option in the Accessibility tab of the Settings menu have been resolved. For example:
- All sent messages in the chat window will now be read aloud as the user scrolls up or down through chat history.
- Players will now be informed when the chat window has been opened and closed.
- Narration now indicates where to invite players in the social menu.
- Instances of blank messages when text-to-speech is enabled have been resolved.
- The text chat window will now consistently show the latest messages received.
- This issue may still occur if Speech-to-Text is enabled in the Accessibility tab of the Settings menu.
With this update, the team has added one new issue to our Known Issues list. Visit the Known Issues & Workarounds section for more information.
- Launching Halo Infinite while disconnected from the internet or while Halo services are offline will result in multiplayer modes such as Academy and Custom Games being inaccessible. This issue will not occur in sessions where Halo Infinite is able to connect to the required services and then is later disconnected from the internet.
- Campaign is still accessible when this issue occurs.
For more, be sure to check out why Dr Disrespect feels Modern Warfare 2 can’t match his upcoming FPS game.
Image Credit: 343 Industries