Is Dead by Daylight crossplay? Cross-platform details
Dead by Daylight has been released on multiple platforms and there’s a decent chance that you and your friends play the game on different devices. If you still want to team up, here’s a guide on Dead by Daylight’s crossplay status.
Dead by Daylight has a massive community across a wide range of platforms such as PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X/S, iOS, Android, PC, and Xbox One. There’s a high possibility that you and your friends play the game but on different platforms, and crossplay is a feature that lets you play together.
Here’s how crossplay functions in Dead by Daylight and how you can make friends on different platforms.
- Does Dead by Daylight support crossplay?
- How to add friends in Dead by Daylight on Xbox, PlayStation or PC
- Is Dead by Daylight crossplay on mobile?
Does Dead by Daylight support crossplay?
Yes, Dead by Daylight supports crossplay. The developers added the feature in August 2020 and here’s how you can enable it:
- Launch Dead by Daylight and click on the wheel icon named Options located at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Online and then find a setting named ‘Crossplay‘.
- This setting should be enabled by default, but in case it isn’t, select it.
Now, you’ll be able to play and match with literally every other Dead by Daylight player regardless of their platform. It certainly helps in faster matchmaking.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Read More: Best multiplayer mobile games
Unlike several multiplayer titles, crossplay in Dead by Daylight isn’t unfair. A Keyboard and Mouse setup can be better as a killer owing to faster reaction time. However, as a survivor, you can rely on a controller.
Regardless of the platform you play, Dead by Daylight players can get freebies through redeemable codes. To get these rewards, make sure to check out these Dead by Daylight codes as well.
How to add friends in Dead by Daylight on Xbox, PlayStation or PC
With crossplay enabled in Dead by Daylight, you can add friends from any platform including PC, Xbox, and PlayStation by following these steps:
- Launch DBD and click on any of the + icons beside your character or click on the Friends icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- A menu will pop up that shows your Friends and Requests. Search for a Friend through the search option on the top right of this menu.
- Enter a friend’s ID which is their name, a hashtag (#), and a random combination of numbers and letters. The number and letters are located under a player’s name at the top left corner of the screen.
- Search for the friend through their ID and click on the Invite a Friend option.
Is Dead by Daylight crossplay on mobile?
No, Dead by Daylight mobile does not support crossplay. This means mobile (Android and iOS) players cannot play with PC and console users. However, the game does allow iOS and Android users to team up.
Crossplay has now become a norm in multiplayer games. Read here to know more about the cross-platform in FIFA 23 and other games like Modern Warfare 2, The Finals, Overwatch 2, and Warzone 2.
Image Credits: Behaviour Interactive