The first ever in-game event for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is live with the Games of Summer Event, available now through September 7 for everyone – both premium Modern Warfare game owners and free to play Warzone owners.
The event centers around setting time records in the Trials feature in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
Competing in the Games of Summer event allows you to unlock bonus content and rewards to use in Modern Warfare and Warzone.
Here’s the breakdown of how the event works and different Trials available to compete in.
Compete for Glory…And Free Rewards
For the first time in Call of Duty franchise history, community members from around the world – both those who own Modern Warfare and free-to-play Warzone – will be able to represent their country in easy-to-play, hard-to-master, single-player Trials of skill. By earning medals in each Trial, competitors will prove which country’s Tier One Operators are truly the best in the world.
Within Games of Summer, there are five Trials. These miniature experiences are similar to those introduced at Modern Warfare’slaunch and in post-launch Season updates.
Trials will be available for Modern Warfare and free-to-play Warzone players. Players will have unlimited entries, meaning you can keep playing them to set your best time or score and go for Gold.
A Pentathlon of Trials
Gold Medal tip: some Trials shave seconds off your final time for high accuracy, while others add points based on how quickly waves are completed.
- Trial One: Gun Course (Starts August 28) on Custom Gun Course Map
- Description: Make your way through the course as fast as possible while clearing all enemy targets and avoiding civilian casualties.
- Medal Times: 01:30:00 (Bronze) / 01:00:00 (Silver) / 00:40:00 (Gold)
- Loadout: Assorted Weapons
- Trial Two: Price’s Alley (Starts August 29) on Custom Price’s Alley Map
- Description: Eliminate an endless series of enemy targets while avoiding civilian targets to maintain the combo for as long as possible.
- Medal Scores: 4,000 (Bronze) / 5,000 (Silver) / 6,000 (Gold)
- Loadout: Renetti (Handgun)
- Trial Three: Risky Parkour (Starts August 30) on Livestock
- Description: Move through each checkpoint and finish the course as quickly as possible. Beware the heavy toxic gas on low ground.
- Medal Times: 0:55:00 (Bronze) / 0:47:00 (Silver) / 0:40:00 (Gold)
- Loadout: Combat Knife
- Trial Four: Shooting Range (Starts August 31) on King
- Description: Locate and shoot all targets in the area as quickly as possible while conserving ammunition.
- Medal Times: 0:50:00 (Bronze) / 0:40:00 (Silver) / 0:30:00 (Gold)
- Loadout: Assorted Weapons
- Trial Five: Marksman Challenge Starts (September 1) on Custom Marksman Challenge Map
- Description: Engage waves of long-distance targets and beat the clock. Missed shots burn time.
- Medal Times: 3,400 (Bronze) / 3,900 (Silver) / 4,400 (Gold)
- Loadout: HDR (Sniper Rifle)
To the Victor Goes the Spoils for Self and Country
For participating in Games of Summer, players will receive rewards based on performance within each Trial. These rewards are stackable – if a competitor achieves gold on the first try, they will receive all three rewards for their epic (or in some cases, legendary) achievement.
Each Trial medal comes alongside rewards (rewards can only be received once) and all players who participate earn the ‘Games of Summer Cup’ weapon charm. Trials rewards include but are not limited to vehicle skins, XP tokens, vehicle horns, calling cards, and Legendary weapon blueprints.
Earn gold in each Trial and receive the Legendary Assault Rifle Juliet Blueprint, a weapon truly built for chasing first place on any leaderboard. Built for pure precision with a clear, non-magnified sight picture, consider this a “gold standard” among a competitive pool of this weapon platform’s existing blueprints.
On top of these rewards, individual medals will give points to a player’s respective country, determined by their account’s origin. Each country’s points will be updated daily, and the top 15 countries will be visible on in-game leaderboards. Total scoring is weighted by country participants, so any nation can rise to the top.
Earn medals and rack up your points for your country, then at the culmination of Games of Summer, a country will be crowned champion. Will there be an underdog that claims glory for a well-contested Trial at the 11th hour? Or will one country hold a commanding lead throughout the Games?
Drop in and play before the event ends on September 7!
Best Legends in Apex Legends Season 15: Every character ranked
Like any update for Apex Legends, Season 15 brought changes to the meta. Here are the best Legends to use...
Best LMGs in Warzone 2: Every Season 1 Light Machine Gun ranked
Here's every LMG in Call of Duty: Warzone 2 ranked from best to worst, so you know which weapons to...
Modern Warfare 2 player reveals how to take down a VTOL in just 7 seconds
This trick will allow you to swiftly take down Modern Warfare 2 VTOLs in just 7 seconds without the need...