Fortnite 23.20 update patch notes: Falcon Scout, new Reality Augments, Dead Space & The Kid LAROI collabs
Fortnite’s first major update of 2023 arrives with the v23.20 patch, so here are the full patch notes breaking down the Falcon Scout item, the new Reality Augments, and the upcoming Dead Space and The Kid LAROI collabs.
Following the 23.10 Hotfix that brought the Guardian Shield and Midseason Drops, Fortnite‘s major update of 2023 has arrived. The 23.20 update has brought even more content to Epic’s battle royale including the Falcon Scout item and powerful new Reality Augments.
Here’s everything you need to know about Fortnite’s 23.20 update including the new content as well as the upcoming The Kid LAROI and Dead Space Collabs.
Fortnite 23.20 update patch notes
Falcon Scout item
The brand-new Falcon Scout item has arrived with Fortnite’s 23.20 update which is essentially a remote-controlled bird that will help you out.
The Falcon Scout can ping or place markers, “caw to create a radius in which all opponents will be marked for your squad,” and open containers and collect loot for you.
Your POV will shift to behind the Falcon Scout while using it so you’ll be vulnerable, and it can also be shot down by enemies.
You can find the Falcon Scout “from the ground, regular Chests, Oathbound Chests, and Supply Drops,” and you can use the same Falcon Scout as many times as you like.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Five new Reality Augments
Reality Augments arrived with Fortnite Chapter 4, and five new perks have been added with the 23.20 update:
- Peely’s Plunder: Receive a treasure map that will lead you to buried treasure.
- Shotgun Striker: Your Shotgun fire will give you Siphon upon hitting opponents.
- Rarity Check: Get Siphon upon eliminations with Common and Uncommon weapons.
- Zero Chance: Temporarily gain the Zero Point dash ability each time you break an enemy’s Shield.
- Danger Hero: Briefly regenerate Health and gain movement speed when your Shield breaks.
Hired characters ride as passengers
A small but useful quality-of-life update, your hired characters can now ride in vehicles as passengers, so you no longer have to leave them behind.
The Kid LAROI collab
It was previously leaked that Fortnite would feature a collab with Australian musician The Kid LAROI, perhaps with an in-game concert, and Epic Games have now confirmed its arrival.
First, there will be the “LAROI’s Icon Radio Takeover featuring some of his favorite songs,” but the devs said to “STAY tuned for more from The Kid LAROI later this month.”
Dead Space bundle
Although it hasn’t been confirmed by the devs yet, the leaked Dead Space crossover has now been found in the game files. Presumably to celebrate the remake’s arrival on January 27, leaker Zatheo found that Dead Space’s Isaac will be getting a V-Buck challenge pack.
Here’s what the game files said: “Isaac Clarke landed on the island with survival skills. Includes 1 outfit, 2 back accessories, 1 pickaxe, 1 built-in emote and quests to get up to 1,500 V-bucks.”
Fortnite 23.20 update bug fixes & competitive notes
- The Rarity Check Reality Augment is not included in competitive playlists.
MAJOR BUG FIXES
- Fixed the issue that caused us to disable the Deku Smash in Battle Royale/Zero Build. The Deku Smash has been re-enabled in Battle Royale/Zero Build.
- Fixed issues related to mantling in which players would sometimes be flung across the map.
- Fixed an issue in which, in some instances, sprinting would be disabled for the duration of a match.
- Reality Augments can again be unlocked from teammates.
- Players can again damage objects with their Pickaxe consistently.
- Players are now able to select Reality Augments while on a Dirt Bike.
- Players can now use the Guardian Shield while on the back of an OG Bear pick-up truck or a Dirt Bike.
For more on Fortnite, be sure to check out how to complete this week’s set of weekly challenges and how to earn account levels quickly for the latest Midseason Drop.
Image Credit: Epic Games