Fortnite 23.40 update patch notes: Valentine’s Day skin, new Reality Augments, Most Wanted, more
Here are the full patch notes for Fortnite’s 23.40 update, including the release date, downtime, and content set to arrive.
The Fortnite 23.40 update brings a variety of new content to the game, including Augments and cosmetics. Here’s a breakdown of everything included in the update, as well as the full patch notes.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 is almost upon players, as Season 1 is set to culminate on March 10. This season has brought many updates to the game, as well as crossovers such as The Witcher and Dead Space.
Fortnite players are receiving yet another update on February 14, as the 23.40 patch is set to release. Here’s everything you need to know about the Fortnite 23.40 update, including the downtime and content.
- Fortnite 23.40 release date & downtime
- Fortnite Most Wanted arrives in 23.40
- New Reality Augments in Fortnite 23.40
- Dragon Ball items vaulted in Fortnite 23.40
- Popular weapons unvaulted in Fortnite 23.40 update
- Fortnite 23.40 brings Valentine’s Day skin
- Fortnite 23.40 update patch notes
Fortnite 23.40 update release date & downtime
The downtime for Fortnite‘s 23.40 update is expected to commence Tuesday, February 14, 2023, at around 1 AM PT / 4 AM ET / 9 AM GMT.
The length of this downtime is yet to be confirmed, however, we expect it to last around 1 to 2 hours.
Fortnite Most Wanted arrives in 23.40
Following the 23.40 update, the “Cold Blooded” syndicate has taken over the Fortnite island as part of the Most Wanted event. This new event adds a selection of new Quests to complete to raise your “infamy” and unlock the Gold Blooded Ace skin.
Cold Blooded Vaults are also hidden around the map, which can be opened using Vault Keycards earned by defeating Cold Blooded Bosses.
Inside these Vaults you’ll find valuable loot, including one of the following Exotic weapons:
- Heisted Breacher Shotgun
- Heisted Explosive Assault Rifle
- Heisted Accelerant Shotgun
- Heisted Run ‘N’ Gun SMG
- Heisted Blink Mag SMG
New Reality Augments in Fortnite 23.40
The Fortnite 23.40 is bringing four new Reality Augments into the mix, which offer useful bonuses to help you secure victory. Check them out below:
- Keymaster – Grants two Keys for opening Holo-Chests.
- Last Shots – The last two bullets of your Pistol magazine deals bonus damage.
- Exotic Grab Bag – Receive a random Heisted Exotic Weapon.
- Sniper Surplus – Sniper Rifles gain one extra ammo in their magazine.
Dragon Ball items vaulted in Fortnite 23.40
After being added for a second time, the Fortnite 23.40 update will vault the Kamehameha and Nimbus Cloud Items once again. This means the Dragon Ball Mythics will no longer be found on the map in Capsules or Vending Machines.
Popular weapons unvaulted in Fortnite 23.40 update
While the Dragon Ball items are being removed from the loot pool, a host of fan-favorite weapons are making a comeback:
- Double Pistol
- Heavy Pistol
- Heavy Sniper
- Boom Sniper
- Hop Rock Dualies.
The return of the Heavy Sniper, in particular, will have layers excited, as they’ve had to make do with DMRs in Chapter 4 Season 1 so far when it comes to long-range weapons.
Fortnite leaker Shiina has also hinted that the Flare Gun will be unvaulted in the coming weeks, but this won’t feature after the 23.40 update.
Fortnite 23.40 brings Valentine’s Day skin
As this update is going live on February 14, 23.40 also adds a new Folly Valentine’s Day skin along with extra cosmetics. The Folly bundle will be available buy from the Fortnite store for V-Bucks.
Take a look at everything included in the Folly bundle below:
- Folly 2023 Valentine’s Day skin
- Folly’s Heartcase (Back Bling)
- Heartache (Pickaxe)
- Jester’s Privilege (Wrap)
Fortnite 23.40 update patch notes
Epic have officially revealed the full patch notes for the Fortnite 23.40 update, featuring a major bug fix and competitive adjustments. Check them out below:
- FNCS Major 1 continues to take place over v23.40! Check the Compete tab in-game for more information.
- Fortnite Most Wanted’s Heisted Exotic weapons, returning weapons, and Heat are not included in competitive playlists.
- The Exotic Grab Bag and Sniper Surplus Reality Augments are not included in competitive playlists.
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed the issue that caused us to disable the Shadow Striker Reality Augment. This Reality Augment is now re-enabled.
For more on Fortnite, check out what melee weapons are and how to get the Fortnite Postparty app.
Image Credits: Epic Games
Best PDSW 528 loadout for Warzone 2 Season 2 Reloaded
Here's how you can use attachments, Perks, and equipment to create the best PDSW 528 loadout in Warzone 2 Season...
CoD Mobile Season 3 Rush: Release date, classic map, HDR Sniper Rifle, training feature, more
CoD Mobile Season 3 Rush is right around the corner so here's the official release date and content including a...
All Toxicroak weaknesses & resistances in Pokemon
If there's a Toxicroak in your way, here's everything you need to know about its weaknesses and resistances to beat...