Fortnite 23.30 update patch notes: Dragon Ball, Geralt of Rivia, Quest changes, new Reality Augments, more
Here are the full patch notes for Fortnite’s 23.30 update including the latest Dragon Ball collab, Geralt of Rivia, and Weekly Quest changes.
Fortnite’s v23.30 update brings even more content to the game including another Dragon Ball crossover and the long-awaited Geralt of Rivia skin, so here are the full 23.30 patch notes.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1 is set to end on March 10, meaning there are only a few updates left before Season 2 arrives. The first season has been full of unique crossovers such as Marvel’s The Hulk, Doomslayer, My Hero Academia, and The Kid LAROI.
Perhaps the most highly anticipated skin is still to arrive, with The Witcher’s Geralt of Rivia finally unlocking in the 23.30 update. Here are the full patch notes for Fortnite v23.30 including the next Dragon Ball collab, Geralt’s arrival, new Reality Augments, and bug fixes.
- Dragon Ball collab in Fortnite 23.30
- The Witcher’s Geralt of Rivia arrives in Fortnite v23.30
- New Reality Augments in Fortnite 23.30
- Weekly Quest changes in Fortnite 23.30
- The Kid LAROI cosmetics
- Fortnite v23.30 bug fixes and competitive notes
Dragon Ball collab in Fortnite 23.30
Fortnite devs Epic Games announced that another Dragon Ball Super collab will arrive on January 31, 2023. This time, Piccolo and Son Gohan will hit the Item Shop with the Kamehameha, Nimbus Cloud, and Dragon Ball Adventure Island returning to the game until 23.40.
There will also be some Dragon Ball-themed Quests where players can earn the Gohan Beast and Orange Piccolo Spray.
The Witcher’s Geralt of Rivia arrives in Fortnite v23.30
Fortnite Chapter 4’s Season 1 Battle Pass includes the famous monster hunter Geralt of Rivia, and he’s set to finally arrive during 23.30.
The Battle Pass states the Witcher will arrive on February 7, but the bonus Battle Pass skins have been known to arrive early in previous seasons.
Once you’ve bought the Battle Pass you’ll need to complete Quests to unlock the Witcher 3 skin and other Witcher-themed items such as his swords as Back Bling, the Igni emote, and loading screen.
There’s also another page with more rewards, likely bringing another style for Geralt. But whether it’s Netflix’s Henry Cavill remains to be seen.
New Reality Augments in Fortnite 23.30
- Shadow Striker: Become able to find Shadow Bombs from containers.
- Rift-jector Seat: Anytime your shield breaks, you’ll rift into the sky after a short delay.
- Icy Slide: Gain a brief icy speed boost briefly after sliding.
- Harvester: Foliage you destroy will drop Big Bush Bombs and forageables. Also increases the effectiveness of eating forageables.
- Mythic Munition: Obtain a Mythic Pistol.
Weekly Quest changes in Fortnite 23.30
Epic Games made the controversial decision to have Weekly Quests expire when the next batch releases, but that’s no longer the case. The devs confirmed Weekly Quests “will remain until the end of Season,” so you have until March’s Season 2 to complete them all.
More The Kid LAROI cosmetics in 23.30
Even more cosmetics for The Kid LAROI will arrive with Fortnite’s 23.30 update, with the Stay Afloat Emote and LAROI’s Party Starter Bundle hitting the Item Shop on January 31, the same day we can expect the update.
Also, players who earned the LAROI Banner from the cup will receive it with the 23.30 update, and the Reverberate Wrap will be given out on February 3.
Fortnite v23.30 bug fixes and competitive notes
- Wind currents will be disabled in Battle Royale/Zero Build for the duration of v23.30.
- The Forecast Reality Augment has been adjusted to only show the next three Storm circles after being selected, instead of showing all future Storm circles.
- The Kamehameha and Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) items are not included in competitive playlists.
- The Rift-jector Seat Reality Augment is not included in competitive playlists.
- FNCS Major 1 begins on February 2! For more info, read our Fortnite Champion Series Global Championship Roadmap.
MAJOR BATTLE ROYALE BUG FIXES
- The Guardian Shield now blocks the Deku’s Smash ability.
- Fixed the issue that caused us to disable the Party Time Reality Augment. This Reality Augment is now re-enabled.
- Fixed some movement-related bugs.
- Players who own the Battle Pass and have unlocked the Noble Shroud Back Bling prior to v23.20 will now receive the Back Bling.
- Physics on the Joni the Red Outfit’s cape are now behaving correctly.
- The helmet on the Battle Hound and Molten Battle Hound Outfits no longer appears sideways.
- Players can again Emote after a Victory Royale.
- Players no longer take fall damage when sliding and using the Shockwave Hammer.
- On touch devices, the Falcon Scout no longer goes up or down without players touching any button.
In the meantime, be sure to check out some of our other Fortnite guides:
What does Siphon mean in Fortnite? | Best Fortnite keybinds | Best Fortnite controller settings | How to level up fast in Fortnite | Best Fortnite landing spots | Best Fortnite PC settings | How to get Falcon Scout in Fortnite | How to merge Fortnite accounts | All Fortnite NPC locations | What is the rarest Fortnite skin?
Image Credit: Epic Games
All Pokemon that evolve by trading in Pokemon Go
Here's a list of all the Pokemon that evolve by trading in Pokemon Go alongside a step-by-step guide on how...
Who is the most popular Apex Legends character? Season 16 pick rates
Apex Legends Season 16 is here, so for those wondering who's been dominating the season in Respawn's battle royale, here...
When is the next Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 Double XP event?
We have the dates and times for the next Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 Double XP event to help...