FIFA 22 Web App guide: Release date, features, & tips
As fans look forward to another year of Ultimate Team in FIFA 22, EA will offer up the chance to start their squads early on the yearly Web App and Companion App. We’ve got all the details here.
FIFA 22 is just around the corner, and the community is eager to dive into another year of building squads and opening packs in Ultimate Team. With the announcements of Icons and player ratings, the hype is at an all-time high for the next installment in the series.
Luckily, every year EA allows fans to start their Ultimate Team journey early through the Web App and Companion App. But what features do they have access to, and how can you make the most of it? We’ve broken it all down right here.
FIFA 22 Web App release date
The Web App is part of the official FIFA website where fans can log in and start building their team, even if they don’t have access to a copy of the game. It can be accessed through any browser on a PC or mobile device.
FIFA 22’s worldwide release is slated for October 1, while others will have early access via EA Play and pre-order bonuses, so the Web App is a way of leveling the playing field for those who don’t get early copies.
EA launched the FIFA 22 Web App will drop on Wednesday, September 22, 2021, the same day as early access went live.
FIFA 22 Companion App release date
The Companion App is a version of the full Web App optimized for smartphones and tablets. It posses the same features as the online version and can be downloaded from the Apple or Google Play Stores.
The FIFA 22 Companion App was released a day after the Web App on Thursday, September 23, 2021, just over a week before the game’s full worldwide launch.
For those who had the FIFA 21 Companion App, an update is available which will replace it with the new version.
FIFA 22 Web App & Companion App features
Name your Ultimate Team
The first thing you’ll be asked to do when you dive into the Web App is pick a name for your club. Don’t worry, it can be changed at a later date if you aren’t satisfied.
Select kits and stadiums
You can also change the cosmetics of your club, including home and away kits, as well as your home stadium. Simply head into the ‘club’ tab and select the ones you want.
Open Ultimate Team packs
Using both the Web App and Companion App, players can open packs using coins or FIFA Points. However, this feature is usually disabled until the game is available for everybody. Until then, buying packs will have to be done in-game by those who have early access.
Claim Daily Rewards
EA sometimes offering a daily bonus for anyone who logs in to check on their team. These can range from small packs of players, to coin rewards. There hasn’t been word on whether this will return again, but it’s worth logging in once a day just in case.
Complete Squad Building Challenges
Before a ball is kicked, SBCs are the best way to earn rewards. These are small puzzles where fans must submit a squad meeting certain requirements to earn packs, coins, or cosmetics.
There are a handful of starter challenges to tackle right away which can help fill out your club with players.
Ultimate Team’s transfer market goes live at the same time as both apps, meaning that fans can get to buying and selling players to earn coins and build their teams.
You can search for a new signing in the transfer market tab, while existing players can be listed by selecting them from either the squad or club tab.
FIFA 22 Web App trading tips
The first few weeks of the Ultimate Team season can be the most difficult. Starting with a squad of unknowns and a virtually empty club can be daunting at first.
That’s why making use of the Web App is a great way to get a head start so that you’re not starting from scratch when you eventually get your hands on the game.
Smart trading is the best and quickest way to make coins early on, which can then be used to create your own team.
Here are our tips for how to make the most of the FIFA 22 Web App:
- Complete SBCs – Squad Building Challenges are a great of way of filling out your club with players early. Having plenty of disposable cards will make it far easier when more SBCs come after launch.
- Keep an eye on the market – Especially before launch when you can’t play matches, trading is the best way to make coins. Keep checking the price of players and buy when they are cheapest, and sell when they inflate.
- Buy average rated players – When it comes to trading, the transfer market takes some time to fully form and for prices to be set. In this period, we recommend buying cards between 80 – 83 rated that other players will want when they’ve had chance to earn some coins.
- Look at the big leagues – Most players tend to start with teams from major leagues, such as the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga and Ligue 1. For this reason, make sure you’re trading cards from the same divisions, as these are more likely to go up in value.
- Bid instead of buying now – When buying a new card it’s easy to get impatient and pick the ‘buy it now’ option, but you can save yourself some coins by putting in bids instead. Especilly in the early weeks, bidding for cards at 300 – 400 coins and then re-listing them for 600 coins is a great way to make a steady profit.
So there is everything you need to know about the Ultimate Team Web App and Companion App ahead of FIFA 22. If you stick to our tips, you’ll have a squad of superstars in no time.
Image credits: EA