FIFA 22 Title Update 14 patch notes: Low Driven Shots buff, new skill move, more
EA have released details of the next major FIFA 22 patch. Check out the key takeaways and full FIFA 22 update 14 patch notes below.
FIFA 23 may be just months away, but there’s still plenty of life in this year’s game. With Summer Swaps in full swing and FUTTIES set to begin very soon, there’s more reason to head back into FIFA 22 Ultimate Team than ever.
On top of the constant cycle of fresh promos, EA is keeping FIFA 22 in a good spot by releasing regular title updates to make sure the on-the-pitch action is as slick as off-the-pitch.
Patch notes for FIFA 22 Title Update 14 are now live, and we’ve got all the details for you right here.
- FIFA 22 Title Update 14 release date
- FIFA 22 Title Update 14 Low Drive Shots buff
- FIFA 22 Title Update 14 new skill move
- FIFA 22 Title Update 14 patch notes
FIFA 22 Title Update 14 release date
Although the patch notes are available, there is no word on when Title Update 14 will be ready for FIFA 22 players to download.
There shouldn’t be too long to wait though, as EA have said that the update will “soon be available” on PC.
FIFA updates tend to drop on PC platforms first, so Xbox and PlayStation players can expect to receive FIFA 22 Title Update 14 a couple of weeks after the launch on Steam and Origin.
FIFA 22 Title Update 14 Low Drive Shots buff
Low Driven Shots were an essential tool in a striker’s arsenal in previous years, but they haven’t had the same impact in FIFA 22. That is going to be rectified in Title Update 14 as the devs look to make them more viable.
Players can expect low to mid-power shots of this type to be 17.5% more accurate, meaning you won’t have to smash the ball with as much force to make sure Low Driven Shots are worth trying.
The devs said: “Our intent here is to provide players with an additional goalscoring option in 1v1 and other scenarios.”
FIFA 22 Title Update 14 new skill move
Those who enjoy playing with a bit of flair have a new skill move to terrorize defenders with in the form of the Ball Roll Cut 180. It essentially allows players with four or five-star skills to create space by quickly turning 180 degrees and fooling defenders.
To perform it, simply hold L1/LB and flick the right stick in the opposite direction to the way the dribbler is facing.
Check it out in action below:
FIFA 22 Title Update 14 patch notes
These are just a handful of the changes coming in FIFA 22 Title Update 14. Check the complete patch notes here courtesy of the EA Forum.
Made the following changes:
- Increased the likelihood of a knuckle ball shot occurring when requesting a high powered shot while the ball is 0.67 meters/2.2 feet away from the ball carrier.
- Added the new Ball Roll Cut 180 Skill Move that can be performed by players with a 4 or 5 star Skill Move rating.
– To learn more about the Ball Roll Cut 180 Skill Move, check out our Pitch Notes.
- Greatly increased the accuracy of low and mid powered Low Driven Shots.
- Significantly reduced the reach of attempted shot blocks by AI controlled players.
- Significantly decreased the range required for a defender to attempt a tackle without being requested to do so.
- Increased the distance between the defender and the ball carrier when the defender is requested to Contain or Teammate Contain.
- Slightly increased the effectiveness of Finesse Shots in potential goalscoring situations in which the ball carrier is not under heavy pressure from a defender or goalkeeper.
- Increased the speed at which the ball travels at following a low or mid powered header.
– Lower powered headers are more likely to produce a lower ball trajectory.
- Increased the speed at which the ball travels at following a chipped header.
- Lowered the ball trajectory that can result from a chipped header.
- Slightly increased animation speeds when dribbling, Agile Dribbling, and Strafe Dribbling.
- Slightly increased the animation speed of Reverse Stepover, Stepover, and Body Feint Skill Moves.
- Slightly reduced the reach of attempted shot blocks by human controlled players.
FIFA Ultimate Team
Addressed the following issue:
- The Compare Price functionality did not always provide search results when used on some Stadium and Consumable Items.
Addressed the following issue:
- One of the default Avatars was not wearing shoes on the selection screen, and if that Avatar was selected, shoes could not be equipped to them.
For more on FIFA 22, be sure to check out