Squad Foundations are back in FIFA 22 Ultimate Team, designed to fill the dead space between promotions. Here’s everything you need to know about the EFL Championship Squad Foundations and how they work.
There’s no doubt that promotions are one of the key features that keep millions of fans engaged with FIFA 22. Knowing that Numbers Up or Rulebreaker cards are in packs gives players something to work towards.
But sometimes, there has to be a little break in between promotions. Partly to not oversaturate the game with overpowered cards, and also to give the market some time to bounce back after thousands of packs are opened.
In previous years, these lulls have been a cue for some players to take a break and wait for the next batch of content. This year, EA is using Squad Foundations to fill the time, and the EFL Championship is the next league to be given that treatment.
What are FIFA 22 Squad Foundations?
Squad Foundations are SBCs and Milestone objectives that reward fans with special upgraded versions of players from leagues outside of the usual big five.
So far, EA has given players from the Dutch Eredivisie and the Portuguese Liga NOS massive upgrades.
They give FUT fans something to grind and work towards in the downtime between big promotions. The objectives and SBCs are live for multiple months to give players time to complete as many as they want.
The cards earned are a great way to shake up your squad and work in players and leagues that wouldn’t have fit the meta before.
FIFA 22 EFL Championship Squad Foundations objectives
After a handful of football clubs’ official Twitter accounts, the English Championship is the next Squad Foundations league.
Reading, Fulham, and Nottingham Forest all confirmed that one of their stars would be getting an objective player in FUT at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM GMT on Tuesday, November 23, 2021.
Completing in-game objectives on specific game modes will unlock these extremely useful cards. Some will take a good amount of grinding to earn, but you have until Thursday, January 20, 2022, to do them all.
Check out the full list of objective players below as well as the tasks you need to complete.
- Max Lowe (Nottingham Forest)
- Score using EFL Championship players in 8 seperate Squad Battles matches. Min. Proffessional
- Ben Davies (Sheffield United)
- Score 6 volleys in Squad Battles. Min. Semi-Pro
- Ivan Richardo Cavaleiro (Fulham)
- Assist 8 goals with crosses using EFL Championship players in Squad Battles. Min. Proffessional
- Win 10 matches in Squad Battles or Rivals with min. 7 EFL Championship players in the starting XI. Min. Professional
- Josh Laurent (Reading)
- Score using EFL Championship players in 6 seperate Live FUT Friendly: Football Foundations matches with min. 7 EFL Championship players in your starting squad
- Assist four goals using EFL Championship players in the Live FUT Friendly: Football Foundations, with min. seven EFL Championship players in your starting squad
- Score six goals using English players in the Live FUT Friendly: Football Foundations, with min. seven EFL Championship players in your starting squad
- Win four matches in the Live FUT Friendly: Football Foundations, with min. seven EFL Championship players in your starting squad
FIFA 22 EFL Championship Squad Foundations SBCs
There aren’t just objectives for players to complete, there’s also a Tahith Chong SBC that looks like great value.
Clocking in at just 85,000 coins according to FUTBIN, the Birmingham City winger is following in the footsteps of David Neres to become one of the best impact subs on the game.
He is available to complete until Thursday, January 20, 2022, so there is plenty of time to build up your club first.
These are the full requirements for the Tahith Chong Squad Foundations SBC.
- Tahith Chong (Birmingham City)
- Netherlands Players: Min. 1
- TOTW Players: Min. 1
- Team Rating: Min. 85
- Team Chemistry: Min/ 60
That was everything you need to know about every EFL Championship Squad Foundations player and how to get your hands on them.
Image Credits: EA
Pokemon Scarlet & Violet: Every new item, move & ability
This guide will break down all of the new items, moves, and abilities in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet to get...
Best Sakin MG38 loadout for Warzone 2 Season 1
Here's our best Sakin MG38 LMG loadout for Call of Duty: Warzone 2 so that you can dominate at range...
Best Warzone 2 quickscoping loadout for Season 1
For those wondering what the best Warzone 2 class is for quickscoping, look no further than this loadout for Season...