With over 250 characters, making a team in Dragon Ball Legends can be a perplexing task. If you’re looking for a team that can outperform all opponents with ease, check out this Dragon Ball Legends guide that reveals the best teams in the game.
Goku and Vegeta might be the most popular Dragon Ball Z characters out there, but they’re definitely not the only ones that play an important part in the anime. Having so many characters to evaluate might be desirable in an anime series, but the same cannot be said for a competitive game like Dragon Ball Legends.
Dragon Ball Legends offers hundreds of playable characters which often results in players getting confused during team building. From character tags to Z ability, there’s a lot to consider and even the slightest mistakes can affect the entire team’s performance.
Hence, here’s a list of the best teams in Dragon Ball Legends.
- Best teams to use in Dragon Ball Legends
Best teams to use in Dragon Ball Legends
It is no surprise that Saiyans make the best team in Dragon Ball Legends. Goku and Vegeta dominate this character tag and it is majorly filled with the strongest in-game characters.
- Read More: Top 10 best Normal-type Pokemon: Ranked list
The Saiyan tag stands out because it’s versatile and building teams around isn’t really a hassle. From healings to damage buffs, you’ll have a wide range of abilities to beat any opponent with comfort.
Here are our top picks for the Saiyans team in Dragon Ball Legends:
- Angry Goku (Blue, SP) – Slow starter but permanently increases damage later. He can also provide buffs to Saiyans and Super Saiyans when on the bench.
- Super Saiyan Bardock (Blue, SP) – Solid attacker with reliable abilities. The recent Zenkai Awakening has significantly improved his viability.
- Super Saiyan 3 Goku (Purple, SP) – Balanced character with great offense and defense. The Zenkai Awakening makes him a perfect fit for the Saiyans team.
- EX Raditz (Blue, EX) – Ideal as a bench member in the Saiyans team due to his healing abilities.
- Super Gogeta (Red, SP) – Deals a lot more damage following the Zenkai Awakening. He can be used in a wide range of teams including Saiyans.
- Super Saiyan Vegeta (Purple, SP) – Stands out because of his Defense. Make sure to use HP equipment to get the desired damage buffs.
Lineage of Evil
The Lineage of Evil is the epitome of aggressive teams in Dragon Ball Legends as you’ll able to deal tremendous damage to any opponent effortlessly. In terms of offense, it’s unlikely that you’ll find a better team setup than Lineage of Evil and luckily, other meta teams like Super Saiyans aren’t that effective against it.
- Read More: How to beat Giovanni in Pokemon Go
Here are our top picks for the Lineage of Evil team in Dragon Ball Legends:
- Android 17 and Android 18 (Red, SP) – They can make the most of the overpowered Type Switch mechanic and are two of the best offensive characters in the game.
- Golden Frieza (Green, SP) – One of the best damage dealers in the entire game.
- Final Form Cooler (Red, SP) – Do not expect significant defense but the unique offensive abilities are enough to compensate for it.
- Mecha Frieza (Purple, SP) – Easily an S-tier unit with excellent damage buffs.
Powerful Opponents in Dragon Ball Legends is one of the most terrifying matchups for any opponent you’ll face. It is as hard as it gets to prepare a good defense against this team. Even with Hybrid Saiyans and Saiyans, one cannot expect to breeze through Powerful Opponents.
Here are our top picks for Powerful Opponents:
- Perfect Cell (Purple, SP) – Benefits greatly from the anti-Hybrid Saiyan and anti-revival abilities.
- Final Form Frieza: Full Power (Blue, SP) – From explosive burst damage to Endurance abilities, he is the perfect package that won’t disappoint you in any aspect.
- Final Form Cooler (Blue, SP)
- Hero Tapion (SP, Yellow) – Not the best for damage but compensates for it with eminent support abilities.
The Fusion Warriors team in Dragon Ball Legends is one of the best because of the advantages it provides you early on in battle. The members can deal massive damage and at the same time, they boast abilities that make a ton of enemy attacks ineffective.
- Read More: Pokemon Go best attackers ranked
Here are our top picks for a Fusion Warriors team:
- Super Saiyan Gohan (Yellow, SP) – Not overpowering in any way, but helps with offense, defense, and support equally. He has a wide range of uses and is a valuable member of any team due to his flexible abilities.
- Super Gogeta (Blue, UL) – One of the best damage dealers once a team member falls. Also, he is the only fighter who can use the Ultimate Arts card twice.
- Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta (Green, SP) – One of the hardest-hitting characters ever with abilities that counter elemental disadvantages.
- Super Vegito (Yellow, UL) – The offensive stats of this character are enough to eliminate any opponent, literally.
The God Ki team in Dragon Ball Legends is one of the best because of its outrageous offense which also compensates for its wobbly defense abilities.
With Whis on this team, the remaining attackers like Android 17 and Android 18 dish out unreal damage that is a problem for any opponent. Some of the best characters in the game like Super Gogeta and SSB Vegeta can be a part of the God Ki lineup which certainly adds to its viability.
- Read More: All Roblox Dragon Blox Codes
Lastly, with Beerus, you have a perfect finisher that ignores Endurance and Revive.
Our best picks for the God Ki lineup include:
- Android 17 and Android 18 (Red, SP)
- Super Saiyan God SS Vegeta (Green, SP) – A well-balanced unit with impressive offense, defense, and support abilities.
- Whis (Purple, SP) – A core member of the God Ki lineup that helps in buffing the party members. The Obscure ability is undoubtedly brilliant for confusing your opponents.
- God of Destruction Beerus (Yellow, EX) – Outstanding damage potential but do not expect similar prowess in defense.
- Super Gogeta (Blue, UL)
The Future team in Dragon Ball Legends is one of the best, thanks to its perfect balance between offense as well as defense. Even though you should not expect a one-sided victory with this team, you can definitely turn the tide with the right characters as the battle goes on.
The best meta fighters in Dragon Ball Legends are a part of the Future team, and here are our top picks:
- Android 17 & Android 18 (Red, SP)
- Super Saiyan Trunks (Green, SP) – Extremely useful for gaining the upper hand in early battle, thanks to his brilliant offense. Even though the defense isn’t as great, the healing abilities help him sustain for longer durations.
- LL Super Saiyan Trunks (Adult, Blue, SP) – Becomes one of the strongest fighters once the gauge is filled, and doing so isn’t a struggle. He boasts the strongest Ultimate Arts in the game and even excels in defense.
- Super Saiyan God SS Vegeta (Green, SP)
Well, this was everything to know about the best teams in Dragon Ball Legends and the best characters you should use in those teams. For more content on mobile games, make sure to check out our coverage of mobile games like Genshin Impact, Roblox, Brawlhalla, and Clash of Clans.
Image Credits: BNE Entertainment
FIFA 23 World Cup Path to Glory upgrade tracker
FIFA 23 Ultimate Team players can use our World Cup Path to Glory tracker to find out which cards from...
Best guns in Modern Warfare 2 Season 1: Every weapon ranked
Modern Warfare 2 brings over 50 weapons, so we've ranked every one from best to worst and counted down the...
How to get Kingambit in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet trainers will need to evolve their Bisharp to obtain a Kingambit, so here’s how it’s done.