Call of Duty’s popularity and player base is still as huge as ever. With three games running simultaneously in Modern Warfare, Warzone, and now Black Ops Cold War, we find out if you can transfer your CoD Points between different CoD games, consoles, and PC.
It’s safe to say that there’s no shortage of Call of Duty in the world. Thanks to Treyarch’s newest launch – Black Ops Cold War – we now have three different CoD games to choose from.
But having all this content raises some interesting points. By having different games, across different platforms, and different generations of platforms, do your CoD Points transfer across everywhere?
Transfer CoD points to console and PC
To try and help people avoid getting into a situation where they end up buying CoD Points on the wrong platform and end up never using them, we’ll try and explain how it works.
To try and break this down, first of all, let’s run through which games are currently actively played and which platforms you can find them on.
- Modern Warfare: Playable on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC
- Warzone: Playable on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC
- Black Ops Cold War: Playable on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC
As you can see, they are all available on the same platforms. Modern Warfare doesn’t have an official PS5 or Xbox Series X copy, but it is cross-compatible across generations.
Here’s what can and can’t be done with COD Points:
- All CoD Points can transfer between Call of Duty games. So if you bought points in Call of Duty: WW2, they would carry over to Modern Warfare, and those points in Modern Warfare would carry over to Black Ops Cold War.
- All CoD Points can transfer between the same console generation. So if you bought Black Ops Cold War on the PS4, bought 1,000 points, and then upgraded to the PS5 version, your points would carry over. This will also apply to CoD games on Xbox and PC too.
- CoD Points do not carry across different formats. So if you purchase 1,000 points for Warzone on the PS4, and then play Warzone on your PC, you will not have those 1,000 points to spend. They are tied to the platform, not your overall Activision account.
Hopefully that clears up some of the confusion surrounding CoD Points.
It’s great news that you can transfer your points between different consoles in the same family, but you will need to invest a bit more if you want to experience CoD’s luxuries across different formats.
Image credits: Infinity Ward
FIFA 23 World Cup Path to Glory upgrade tracker
FIFA 23 Ultimate Team players can use our World Cup Path to Glory tracker to find out which cards from...
Best guns in Modern Warfare 2 Season 1: Every weapon ranked
Modern Warfare 2 brings over 50 weapons, so we've ranked every one from best to worst and counted down the...
How to get Kingambit in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet trainers will need to evolve their Bisharp to obtain a Kingambit, so here’s how it’s done.