Call of Duty: WWII Nazi Zombies Reveal News Roundup
❘ Published: 2017-07-20T19:48:31
❘ Updated: 2020-12-09T17:20:33
Sledgehammer Games hosted a panel today at San Diego Comic Con 2017 to reveal Call of Duty: WWII’s Nazi Zombies mode. The official reveal trailer is viewable here.
Here’s a round up of the details they announced during their panel:
- Official name of map not being announced today.
- Perks and Mystery Box will return.
- WWII Zombies is not connected to another other Call of Duty Zombies game.
- “Hardest easter egg hunt you’ve ever been on.” Marie and Klaus’s father was toy-maker. Lots of traps and more.
- The back story for the mode is based on a real story of finding stolen art during World War II. Men and women risked their lives to save works of art.
- Marie Fisher became a spy for the US. Ended up having to look for her brother Klaus. Their father was a weapons maker.
- The Doctor created the devil’s himself.
- Each character has a rich backstory to how they got in their situation.
In addition, Activision has shared more details on the mission that players will embark on in the WWII Zombies mode.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Players will embark on a chilling, dark and mysterious journey through Mittelburg, a snowy Bavarian village in Germany, as they attempt to recover priceless works of art stolen by the Axis powers in World War II. This village holds a secret key to an unimaginable and monstrous power, so visitors must be on their toes and beware of the twisted and occult horrors that guard these treasures.
Alongside this, here’s the bio of the each of the characters in WWII Zombies:
Article continues after ad
- Jefferson Potts (played by Ving Rhames) – Strong, assured, and educated, Jefferson has both the military and academic prowess the MFAA need.
- Olivia Durant (played by Elodie Yung) – A former art historian of the Musée du Louvre, and weapons expert, she is an extremely savvy and capable member of the team.
- Drostan Hynd (played by David Tennant) – A former art thief, this brash and rough character was given a choice: go to jail, or help reclaim stolen art.
- Marie Fischer (played by Katheryn Winnick) – A brilliant engineer and tactician, Marie attempts to help salvage stolen treasures and rescue her brother, Klaus.
All of these characters are considered international art experts. “Monuments, Fine Arts, and Archives Section (MFAA) on their dangerous pursuit to reclaim some of the world’s most important works of art from the hands of the Axis powers.”