All game modes in Modern Warfare 3: Hardpoint, Cutthroat, Ground War, more
Call of Duty officially confirmed every game mode players can expect at MW3’s launch, featuring some fan favorites and the inclusion of exciting new additions. Here are all the game modes in Modern Warfare 3.
The Modern Warfare 3 era is fast approaching, offering a revamped experience from its predecessor. Luckily, CoD players had the chance to test out the game during the MW3 beta period, including all the new weapons, Equipment, and Perks.
Maps and modes are set to have a major impact on gameplay this year given the return of every classic map from MW2 2009. To prepare for MW3’s release, Call of Duty officially announced all the game modes that will be accessible when it launches on November 10.
Here are all the Modern Warfare 3 game modes coming at launch.
Every game mode in MW3
There will be 12 game modes featured in Modern Warfare 3 at launch, including beloved classics such as Team Deathmatch, Domination, and Search & Destroy, alongside exciting new additions like Cutthroat.
Here are all of the game modes available in Modern Warfare 3 at launch, as well as their official descriptions.
- Cutthroat: Engage in vicious 3v3v3 combat, where the last team standing or that captures the overtime flag wins the round.
- Team Deathmatch: Use teamwork to eliminate enemy players and reach the score limit.
- Domination: Capture and hold up to three flags to gain points for your team.
- Search & Destroy: Teams alternate between detonating and defusing a bomb. No respawns.
- Hardpoint: Capture and hold the Hardpoint (a zone that shifts to several locations during the match) to earn points for your team.
- Kill Confirmed: Eliminate enemies and grab the Dog Tags they drop to score for your team. Pick up your teammate’s tags to deny the enemy from scoring.
- Free-For-All: Defeat everyone. The first player to reach the score limit ends the game. The top three players win.
- Control: Take turns attacking and defending the objective.
- War: Progress through linear objectives to push the battle line and win.
- Gun Game: Be the first player to score a kill with each one of the provided weapons.
- Ground War: Large-scale conflict featuring vehicles. Capture and hold objectives to score. Capturing objectives opens forward spawning locations for your team. Like Domination, but with more objectives.
- Invasion: A massive and chaotic battle with a mix of Players and AI fighting alongside each other and against each team.
Additionally, the CoD team confirmed the inclusion of a Hardcore playlist in the game, along with the return of the Firing Range. This feature enables players to test their loadouts, Perks, and other aspects before they enter an online match.
Players will also have the option to create Private Matches, allowing them to customize game settings for various modes and explore the available maps. Also, a Training Course will be accessible to players who want to master basic movements and combat skills.
For more on Modern Warfare 3, be sure to check out some of our other guides:
How to get MGB Tactical Nuke Killstreak in Modern Warfare 3 | When is Ranked Play coming to Modern Warfare 3? | Can you slide cancel in Modern Warfare 3? | Modern Warfare 3 PC requirements | Does Modern Warfare 3 campaign have co-op? | Does Modern Warfare 3 have Hardcore mode? | Modern Warfare 3 Zombies Zones explained