MLG launches official MLG.tv app for Xbox 360
MLG today announced that a brand new MLG.tv app is now available for Xbox 360 customers. This app allows you to watch all MLG.tv streams directly on your Xbox 360, which includes this weekend’s Call of Duty Championship 2014, which takes place from March 28th through March 30th.
“The MLG app for Xbox 360 brings our content directly to gaming fans on Xbox Live,” said Sundance DiGiovanni, MLG CEO and co-founder. “MLG broadcasts the best in competitive gaming content each week via www.MLG.TVand now Xbox 360 users can watch simply and easily. In 2013 our fans viewed 54 million hours of video and we expect that consumption to greatly increase with the addition of the MLG app on Xbox 360.”
“We continue to deliver content on Xbox that we know our audience craves and MLG’s premium programming was something we saw a high demand for,” said Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President of Marketing, Strategy and Business, Xbox. ”We are excited to bring the best in competitive gaming directly to our community with the addition of the MLG app on Xbox 360.”
Selection of MLG.tv programming available via the MLG app includes:
- Call of Duty Championship presented by Xbox – March 28-30 – The broadcast kicks off Friday, March 28 at 9am PT featuring the top 31 Call of Duty® teams from around the globe playing Call of Duty®: Ghosts competing for the title of World Champion and $1 million in prizes.
- MLG’s eSports Report – airing Thursdays at 7pm EDT – showcasing the latest news in competitive gaming.
- MLG Call of Duty Ghosts Pro League – airing weeknights at 7pm EDT and weekends starting at noon EST – showcasing the top 10 MLG Pro Circuit Call of Duty teams going head to head in 180 matches.
- MLG Championship – June 20-22 – broadcast live from Anaheim, CA, and featuring thousands of the best gamers playing Call of Duty: Ghosts and more.
- MLG partner streams including international eSports leagues Gfinity and ACL Pro, top Call of Duty players Nadeshot and Scumpii, premier teams such as OpTic Gaming, EnVyUs, FaZe and Curse and You Tube sensations Syndicate and Seananners.
MLG plans to release an Xbox One app later this year. MLG has also stated the apps for iOS and Android are in the works, but a release date for these have not been announced.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.