Evil Geniuses wins the 2018 Call of Duty World League Championship
32 teams went to Columbus, Ohio to compete in the 2018 Call of Duty World League Championship, presented by PlayStation 4, and Evil Geniuses were crowned the 2018 Call of Duty champion, winning the lion’s share of the $1.5 million prize pool!
After an incredible weekend of Call of Duty action — with many hyped up teams falling out of the competition –, Evil Geniuses and Team Kaliber went head to head in the Grand Finals of the 2018 Call of Duty: World League Championship. Evil Geniuses took a quick 2-0 series lead, but Team Kaliber climbed their way back to force a Game 5 in series one. In the second best of five, Evil Geniuses took the series 3-0 to win the event!
Here are the top 12 placings:
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- 1st Place: Evil Geniuses // $600,000
- 2nd Place: Team Kaliber // $200,000
- 3rd Place: FaZe // $100,000
- 4th Place: eUnited // $80,000
- 5th & 6th Place: Envy and Luminosity // $55,000 each
- 7th & 8th Place: Elevate and Red Reserve // $35,000 each
- 9th, 10th, 11th, & 12th Place: UNILAD, Team Vitality, Lightning Pandas, Ghost Gaming // $25,000 each
This event was the final esports event for the Call of Duty: WWII season. Throughout the 2018 CWL season, Activision gave out over $4.2 million, the largest overall prize purse in Call of Duty esports history.
All eyes are now turning towards the esports season for the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. Activision and Treyarch have announced that the esports season reveal for Black Ops 4 will take place September 19 at 10AM PT.