Top 5 tips to dominate Cartel in Black Ops Cold War
Hidden away in lush jungles, Cartel is a big plot of land with lots of unique elements for you to learn. To speed up your understanding of it, here are our 5 top tips and best spots to dominate Cartel in Black Ops Cold War.
The map garnered some early notoriety for the field of bushes that are plonked in the middle of the map. Treyarch obviously did this to provide some kind of obstacle so that there isn’t a large space in the middle that will go unattended.
But Cartel is much more than just its bushes, it’s a sprawling map with hidden crevices that add to the map’s subtle nuances. There’s a lot to like about Cartel, and here’s how you can enjoy it more.
1. Bush camping
Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. We’ve had several games in which one player has found the right spot amongst the foliage and racked up a ton of kills. Even though the bushes are so dense, they still provide enough gaps to see the slightest pixel move.
2. Use the huts
It’s taking a turn towards the campy side of things, but sometimes you just need to stay put. The wide coverage that the huts provide is invaluable, and given that people are generally scanning every direction – due to Cartel’s size – it’s easy to miss a head poking out.
Also, regardless of which one you’re in, many people will come out of the big hangar and from spawn points near the huts. There are plenty of opportunities to get a few kills before you should wisely move on.
3. The river is perfect for gaining ground
As with lots of maps, it’s very easy to become trapped and isolated by another team. We find that people tend to favor the hangar for advancing when the river is a better play. It has multiple rocks and lots of space for you to go prone and catch people unawares.
You can easily bolt down the river, sneak behind your opponents and gain a brief advantage. Plus, there are big ledges that you can use to get back to the center quickly, but it’s also sneaky to hide under them and pop off some stealth kills when going for flags and Hardpoints.
4. The hangar do’s and don’ts
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Make use of the platform that requires a small ladder to get on top of. Few people actually use it and end up running past it. It can get you easy kills and has a great vantage point.
- If you’re outside the hangar, make sure to cook a grenade (or something similar) through the stairs door in case anyone’s in the room.
- If you’re inside the hangar, keep checking down the stairs as that leads to a common spawn point, plus check the opposite side as this leads to a standard Hardpoint too.
- Don’t slowly go up the stairs to enter the small room leading to the hangar, it’s a mini-choke point and can cost you.
- Don’t linger near the hangar’s entrance, you’re way too exposed.
- Try not to go through the middle of it. You’ve got so many different entrances/exit points that chances are one person will emerge and zap you.
5. The truck
A double-header here, but both points are crucial. We don’t advise you ascend the lookout spot near the bushes as it’s far too exposed. Everyone knows to be wary of it and it’s not high enough to really become desirable – ignore it.
You should definitely venture into the truck located near one of the huts, however. Even though it’s close to one of our other spots, it’s probably used even less, and people are more inclined to air on the side of caution with the hut.
The truck overlooks a large portion of Cartel’s open-space. It’s fabulous for Domination – especially as you can see the area around the B flag. Naturally, you need to watch your flanks, especially the left side.
With our 5 top tips and best spots to dominate Cartel in BOCW, you should be able to journey through the jungle and own it!
Image credits: Treyarch